The Daly City Partnership is seeking a dedicated individual with a passion for helping seniors and the disabled, and the desire to supervise and develop a community-based program that meets the needs of an aging population.
DALY CITY PENINSULA PARTNERSHIP COLLABORATIVE
The Program Supervisor is the integral lead of a growing department of the Daly City Partnership (DCP), known as the Healthy Aging Response Team or “HART”, with offices located at the Doelger Senior Center in Daly City. Under general direction and reporting to the Executive Director of DCP and the Program Monitor for San Mateo County Aging and Adult Services, the Program Supervisor performs responsible professional work at a management level by planning, organizing, scheduling, training, implementing, supervising, and evaluating staff & volunteers and activities for the Healthy Aging Response Team. The ideal candidate must have a passion for assisting seniors over 50 and the disabled. Our mission is to guide collaborative efforts and connect our community to services that promote well-being. Our Vision is a community of people empowered to learn, grow and achieve a fulfilling life.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES
• Plan, coordinate and direct all activities of the Healthy Aging Response Team;
• Directly supervise full-time, part-time and volunteer staff;
• Monitor and implement successful servicing of client requests;
• Attend and conduct trainings, conferences and workshops;
• Assess client needs and maintain good community relations;
• Prepare agendas for staff and board meetings;
• Analyze data, prepare reports, invoices, and correspondence;
• Develop, prepare, and write grants and proposals as needed;
• Order supplies and equipment;
• Other duties as assigned.
• 4 Year Degree (B.A., B.S.) from an accredited college or university with major course work in a related field, such as Geriatrics, Health, Human Services, Sociology, Psychology, Social Work, or Public Relations
• Experience with grant writing, fundraising, and program development, with proven results.
• Mastery of basic computer skills including word processing, excel spreadsheets, Microsoft office.
• 3-5 years supervisory experience in a non-profit, community organization or health related field
• Master’s Degree in one of the fields above
• Knowledge & experience with Salesforce and other database systems
• Bi-lingual in Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese or Tagalog, preferred
• Experience working with seniors or people with disabilities highly preferred
• The principles of effective leadership and supervision;
• Efficient budgeting, business plans, and cost management;
• Resources in the community and the needs of the aging population;
• The fundamentals of basic case management and data recording
• Effective public relations and interpersonal skills for the purpose of staff motivation and community collaboration
• Issues related to an aging population
• Organize and update a variety of information and effectively disseminate info to staff and volunteers.
• Clearly present information before a large group
• Plan, organize, train and direct a group of staff and volunteers in providing information and assistance for seniors and older and adults with disabilities.
• Train and establish effective working relationships with volunteers and staff.
• Provide linkages with the community and maintain effective collaboration with core and partner agencies.
• Provide concrete information and referrals to community resources, with follow up to ensure successful completion of requests.
• Monitor the ‘Friendly Visiting and Meals Express’ program, including “Meals on Wheels” and other food delivery program
• Further develop programs to benefit an aging population, including the next steps of Daly City’s “Age Friendly Cities” proposal, and “The Village” concept.
• Listen empathetically without being judgmental to client concerns,
• Promote advocacy for clients who are marginalized because of their declining mental and physical conditions.
• Be sensitive to a culturally and linguistically diverse population
• Work varied hours, including nights and weekends as needed.
• Attend work, substitute for gaps in scheduling, and perform duties on a regular and consistent basis.
License: Possession of a valid Class C California Driver’s license.
Benefits include: Kaiser Health, Delta Dental, VSP Vision and UNUM Life Insurance
3 Weeks Paid Vacation, 12 Holidays, Accrued Sick Leave
Join a caring and dedicated team of co-workers and volunteers who take great pride
and joy in helping members of our community succeed and thrive.
To promote and facilitate collaborative efforts to ensure that all members of our community have access to health, education and social services.