Devil Mountain Wholesale Nursery provides landscape professionals with access to more plant varieties than any other wholesale nursery in Northern California. We pride ourselves in having a knowledgeable sales staff, quality plants, and extensive delivery capacity throughout the region. We operate four nurseries in Northern California: San Ramon, Petaluma, Morgan Hill, and Clements, where our growing ground is located. Our buyers also travel to quality growers throughout the country – from small specialty growers to the largest in the nation – in search of the most exceptional plants for our professional customers. Visit us online at .
The primary role of an Inside Sales Account Manager is to provide best-in-class service to our customers. The successful candidate will utilize plant knowledge and attention to detail to manage orders from beginning to end, and will learn to anticipate customer needs and offer products or services to ensure customer success. An Inside Sales Account Manager is responsible for all sales functions and procedures including providing estimates, answering inventory availability and specification questions, processing orders and payments, scheduling deliveries, and effectively communicating with customers throughout the process. This full-time position reports to the Sales Floor Manager. Hours will vary based on seasonal sales demands.
· Ensure the highest possible professionalism and strive for complete customer satisfaction relative to all transactions and interactions
· Develop strong customer relationships and learn to anticipate customer needs
· Provide timely responses to all customer questions, inventory requests, and requests for estimates
· Demonstrate and communicate a strong understanding and knowledge of the nursery’s inventory, product performance, product mix, and product objectives
· Offer substitutions and/or recommended alternatives as solutions for unavailable inventory, as well as offer products and services that may benefit the customer
· Effectively manage all orders in a timely manner
· Accurate and timely invoicing of all sales activity
· Demonstrate effective collaboration with all departments including dispatch, purchasing, customer service, etc.
· Assist with specific company directives and tasks, including physical inventories, sales meetings, company marketing activities, and sales leads
· Provide timely feedback to other sales representatives, departments, and management
· Assist in representing Devil Mountain at industry trade events, if needed
· Other duties as assigned
· Knowledge of plants and nursery products and/or the landscape maintenance industry
· Ability to manage multiple processes simultaneously and collaborate with customers and colleagues
· Ability to accomplish specific sales goals
· Constant attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills
· Exemplary personal character, professionalism, commitment, and work ethic
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· 2+ years of experience working in a nursery, in the landscape industry, or a related field
· Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, point-of-sale, inventory management software, etc.
· Sales and customer service experience
Commensurate with industry standards. Benefits include:
· 401(k) with Employer Matching
· HMO and PPO Health Plans
· Dental and Vision Plans
· Vacation Pay
· Paid Holidays
· Sick Pay
· Tuition Reimbursement for Approved Courses
· Product Discounts
· Opportunities for Advancement
Send a resume and cover letter to
Devil Mountain Wholesale Nursery was established in 1995 as a wholesale brokerage in San Ramon, CA. Driven to overcome the limited plant palettes available to architects, designers, and landscape contractors, our founder set out to find and procure whatever plants necessary to meet any-and-all design specifications.
From the beginning, our company has been relentlessly dedicated to delivering what you need, when you need it, at the best quality available. That’s why Devil Mountain has more varieties of plant material on the ground than any other wholesale nursery in Northern California. To help ensure the variety and quality our customers deserve, we opened our growing ground in 2006 in Clements, CA. In 2017, we opened our Petaluma store to better serve the North Bay. And in 2018, we opened a fourth location in Morgan Hill for our customers in San Jose, the South Bay, and the Monterey Peninsula.