Under the direct supervision of the school's Head Coach, the PE+ Coach is responsible for supporting and leading, excellent quality structured PE+ classes and recess activities while building positive relationships with students and staff in the Redwood City schools.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum of high school degree or equivalent. 0-1+ years of teaching/coaching experience.
- Commits to working 5 days a week at scheduled school arrival and end times and attends all required trainings throughout the school year.
- Well organized and prepared to teach classes.
- Friendly, asks questions, takes a genuine interest, remember names and other details.
- Interacts respectfully with students, staff, and coaches of all ages and levels of employment.
- Creative, flexible and adaptable in a changing teaching environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in running a 30-50 minutes PE+ class for kindergarten-5th grade.
- Responsible for reviewing and implementing PE+ set curriculum and Health Huddles.
- Knowing students/staff names and building relationships.
- Able to work together cohesively with a team and collaborate to make the best experience for your classrooms.
- Manages conflict immediately, respectfully, privately and directly.
- Understands PE+ mission, vision, values and school rules/policies.
- Performs other relevant duties assigned by the supervisor (timecards, subbing, etc.)
- Provides safety instruction and checks on equipment and field areas to ensure the overall safety of students. Responds to emergency situations appropriately.
Equipment Care & Maintenance
- Sets up and takes down/stores equipment appropriately; after each class, ensures space is clean and ready for the next class/recess to begin.
- Updating the head coach as equipment needs change due to activity planning and/or wear and use.
- Removes all damaged and/or defective equipment immediately and notifies supervisor.
- Assist in maintaining neatness and cleanliness of PE+ storage room and school.
- This job requires a person to be outdoors for the majority of the time.
- Must be able to stand, and move around for hours at a time.
- Must be able to lift and transport up to 30 pounds of equipment.
- This job requires setup and breakdown of equipment throughout the day.
- Be able to demonstrate proper form for exercises and skills.
Salary and Benefits
- $16.49-17.32 per hour based on experience, responsibilities, and performance evaluation.
- Complimentary Peninsula Community Center individual membership.
- Candidates with a B.A. degree qualify for an additional $500 monthly stipend by registering for a California Substitute Teaching Permit through the San Mateo County Office Of Education. (PE+ will provide step by step instructions for signing up once the candidate is selected)
Monday-Friday, 22-25 hours per week. Hours may vary depending on the school calendar.