Over the next 10 years, biotech will fundamentally rewrite the way we live. Gene editing and cell therapy will dramatically change how we treat cancer and other major illnesses. Biofuels and biomaterials will transform the cars we drive, the clothes we wear, and the makeup of everyday objects. Crop science and synthetic biology will produce sustainable and ethical food. Benchling's mission is to accelerate the research that propels us towards this future, and magnify its impact, through modern software.
Every day, scientists around the world use Benchling in their efforts to solve humanity's most pressing problems. For these scientists, Benchling is the central technology they use to conduct their research.
Benchling was founded by a team of MIT graduates and has raised funding from Benchmark, Andreessen Horowitz, Thrive Capital, and Y Combinator. Our customers include pharmaceutical giants, leading biotechs, and the world's most renowned research institutes.
We are looking for a Senior Finance Manager to join our growing finance team to support the R&D and Customer Experience teams. Benchling's R&D and Customer Experience teams play a critical role in enabling the successful implementation and unlocking future expansion of our platform for our customers. In this highly visible role, you will partner with leadership across the company to develop a scalable Professional Services strategy and inform decision making on resource allocation, utilization, and go to market strategy.
- Partner with Customer Experience (CX) to develop, measure and improve operational metrics.
- Develop a CX capacity and resource model, staffing plan through to Bookings and Billable Utilization.
- Collaborate with go to market business teams to refine Professional Services offerings
- Build and maintain full year budgets for R&D and CX and provide financial analysis support in strategic projects.
- Develop a Services P&L model by customer / product and responsible for ROI models on new product offerings
- Build a model to capture and predict R&D infrastructure usage and spend (AWS). Participate in AWS contract negotiations.
- Partner with Engineering to measure and improve key metrics.
- Refine data systems and tools to track performance, provide reporting solutions and enhance operational insights.
- Participate in the monthly close process by reviewing reports and accruals.
- Create and maintain internal and external management reporting packages including board, close, key metrics and other management presentations.
- Corporate financial modeling including forecasting, budgeting and long-range planning.
- Provide ad hoc analytical support to guide operational and strategic decisions. YOU
- BA/BS in Business, Finance, Economics or equivalent. MBA/CPA a plus.
- Experience in SaaS, investment banking or high growth tech start-up preferred.
- Strong financial and analytical skills, efficient, self-motivated with the ability to follow through and implement process improvement.
- Organized and detail-oriented; ability to work in situations with changing priorities, tight deadlines and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with data systems and analytics - SQL or Looker preferred.
- Experience with Adaptive Planning and Netsuite.
- Experience with AWS billing structure.
- Strong communicator - ability to distill and articulate complex data to drive business decisions; experience presenting analyses to management and ability to lead and drive initiatives.
- Pragmatic, curious, data-driven and results-oriented. OUR VALUES
- Empower through information. We explain the "why" behind every decision, unless there are highly sensitive circumstances. We're honest about how we're doing, especially in difficult times. We believe that sharing information builds trust and enables better decision-making.
- Rely on tenacity. Hard work is one of the greatest factors to determine success and is fully under our control. We must make the most of every day by bringing the highest level of determination. Dreaming big is not enough.
- Raise the bar. Pushing ourselves and others to improve will be uncomfortable and at times result in failure. However, it's critical to our success. We're dedicated to creating a place where everyone feels challenged to improve.
- Build a lever. We choose to build tools and infrastructure that will help others make world-changing innovations. There's less glory in it, but in the words of Archimedes, "Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world." PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Beautiful, light-filled office in the Financial District of SF
- Monthly health & wellness stipend
- Work with a talented yet humble team
- Meals and snacks covered
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Happy hours, company and team wide social events We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.