Lodi Montessori School:
Voted Best Preschool five years in a row! Lodi Montessori Preschool and Kindergarten possesses high standards and we believe that the care we are providing for our families is invaluable. As part of our commitment to providing quality care, we offer our staff competitive pay and on-going professional development opportunities, in addition to one-on-one mentoring programs. This position is an exciting opportunity to join a team of fun and dedicated professionals who shares the love for the Montessori Method. Your ability to build a solid future with quality standards will be challenged and rewarded.
Located in Lodi, California, Lodi Montessori Preschool and Kindergarten is seeking dedicated, qualified, and experienced candidates to help with our day to day tasks. In this position, you will assume ultimate responsibility for creating and maintaining an educational, clean, loving and nurturing environment for our children. The ideal candidate for these positions will be caring, patient, proactive, and possess a love for working with children ages 3 - 6 years. The Assistant will help maintain ratios at all times, fill in for other staff members during break, and will help with light cleaning (dishes, taking out garbage, dusting, mopping, sanitizing, etc.). May also help with the before/after school care program which will require activity planning and creativity.
Preferred Experience, Qualifications and Attributes:
- 1 year previous aide experience in a licensed facility is highly preferred
- Knowledge of Montessori education and the teaching philosophy is a plus
- Ability to support a caring, educational environment which encourages imagination and creativity
- Possess excellent leadership, organizational, verbal and written communication skills, as well as the ability to provide exceptional customer service
- Must be computer literate, proficient in Word, Excel and standard email program
- Able to lift and carry 30 pounds
- Able to work proficiently and independently in a fast paced environment
- Has a minimum of High School diploma or equivalent AND at least 12 core ECE College units in Child Development
- Have been LiveScan fingerprinted in DOJ system with no exemptions
- Have current TB clearance + proof of immunity to Measles and Pertussis
- CPR and First Aid Certification is desirable
How to Apply:
Application, resume and cover letter may be emailed or fax. Lodi Montessori's employment application and contact information may be located on the Lodi Montessori website under the Employment page.
Lodi Montessori, LLC is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.
At Lodi Montessori, our purpose is to ensure that your child learns the essential knowledge necessary to succeed in life. Our students apply their knowledge rather than filling out worksheets or simply storing facts in their short-term memory. Our goal is to provide an environment where your child can thrive and apply their knowledge hands-on so that they may retain information long-term, to utilize in their own lives.
Along with academics, we believe that first developing a strong sense of self is critical to your child’s development. Through daily activities, we enable our students to practice life skills such as respect and courtesy as well as organization, time management and healthy living. At Lodi Montessori, we feel the best way to teach these skills are for our staff to model these behaviors from which our students can learn.
When searching for educators for our children, we look for motivating, passionate people who truly enjoy learning and who are devoted to ensuring that our students enjoy learning as well. Not only do our teachers nurture each student with caring, individual attention, but they are also well trained and very knowledgeable about the Montessori methods.