Meals on Wheels San Francisco (MOWSF) provides seniors with what they need to live independent and dignified lives — nutritious meals, professional social work and a friendly visitor. Our network of drivers, social workers, nutritionists, community partners, volunteers, donors, and advocates are a formidable force against senior neglect and malnutrition. We believe in delivering more than a meal – we are nourishing the whole person.
Come join us, we're more than meals. We offer our employees great benefits which includes employer paid medical, dental, vision and generous time off - sick, vacation, holidays and much more!
If you're interested in learning more about our organization, please visit us at www.mowsf.org.
POSITION/TITLE: Assessment Coordinator
STATUS: Regular; Full-Time; Non-Exempt (M-F, occasional Saturday)
Responsible for conducting in-home assessments with homebound senior clients to determine eligibility for the Home Deliver Meal Program. In addition, provide information, referral and/or support services to eligible clients as needed within the organizations guidelines. Assessment Coordinators work closely with the home delivered meal staff to ensure smooth delivery of meal service to clients.
• Two years of hands on experience working with seniors and familiarity with resources for seniors in San Francisco strongly preferred
• A Bachelor’s in Social Work or Gerontology or equivalent work experience
• Ability to work with a diverse community
• Must be able to work well with others as part of a team
• Employee should be comfortable with and be able to work independently in the field
• Excellent organization, communication & written documentation skills
• Computer experience required, including Microsoft Office suite and database, preferably Salesforce
• Must be able to meet the physical requirements outlined in Physical Job Description
• Responsible for transportation to and from home visits
• Bilingual/bicultural preferred (Spanish, Cantonese, Mandarin, Russian)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the Senior Social Worker (Supervisor), and in accordance with the provisions of MOWSF’s Employee Handbook and the Social Work and Case Management Procedures Manuals, the Assessment Coordinator is responsible for:
The position is Regular, Full-time, Non-Exempt and is scheduled to work a 40-hour work week (Monday –Friday and occasionally Saturdays).
MOWSF offers a generous benefits package that includes a robust medical (Kaiser), dental (Delta), vision and retirement plans that are paid by the Agency and paid Sick, Vacation (3 weeks), Holiday (10 days), Personal Days (2 days). Other optional fringe benefits in accordance with MOWSF Employee Handbook.
Meals on Wheels is committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive full consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or national origin. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
OUR MISSION: MEALS ON WHEELS SAN FRANCISCO PROVIDES A NETWORK OF SERVICES THAT ALLOW SENIORS TO LIVE IN THEIR HOMES WITH DIGNITY AND INDEPENDENCE AS LONG AS POSSIBLE.