Blue Oak Creative Schoolhouse is a prominent preschool located on the Westside of Los Angeles. We are currently looking for Assistant Teachers and a Lead Teacher to complete our team. We are a close-knit community of dedicated educators and supportive families. We offer a competitive salary as well as full time benefits that include: vacation pay, personal days, health insurance, 401k options, opportunities for workshops/ team & personal development, continued education stipends, and a passionate team of hard working educators to grow with. Part-time and full-time positions are available.
Requirements for both positions:
- Background check clearance through LiveScan
- Negative TB test
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Positive attitude
- Must love children and have an understanding of child development
Assistant Teacher Requirements:
- Minimum of 12 ECE units completed
- Previous classroom experience a plus but not required
- Willingness to learn and grow as an educator
- Wonderful opportunity for a student interested in gaining experience in a
- Minimum of 24 ECE units completed
- 2 years classroom teaching experience preferred
- Understanding of Constructivist Approach / Reggio Emilia Approach
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team player. Experience working successfully in a team teaching environment is a plus!
*Please include your resume with a COVER LETTER letting us know what has inspired you to choose a career in Early Childhood Education.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Blue Oak Creative School House is a diverse learning community dedicated to the educational and social development of young children. Our program is inspired by the Reggio Emilia approach - parents, teachers, and children work in close collaboration in a mutually supportive environment. At Blue Oak, children connect academic concepts to real-world investigations in the arts and nature. The goal of Blue Oak is not to fill students with information, but rather to create lifelong learners with a passion for making their own discoveries.
Our classroom ratio of 6 students to 1 teacher allows us to work with the children in small groups to observe and support their learning processes. This ratio also allows the teachers to spend time individually with each child on a regular basis.
We believe that the early years of a child’s education serve as the foundation for their future academic lives. Knowledgable educators and challenging materials inspire children to learn and research all the learning domains. By combining an inspiring environment, engaging materials, and teacher attention to the particular needs of each child, Blue Oak supports broad developmental goals as well as specific learning outcomes for preschool through kindergarten-age children.