Please include a cover letter with your application.
About John Burton Advocates for Youth
John Burton Advocates for Youth is a nonprofit organization working to improve the quality of life for youth in California who have been in foster care or homeless by advocating for better laws, training communities to strengthen local practices and conducting research to inform policy solutions. It was founded in 2004 by California State Senator John Burton and has offices in San Francisco and Los Angeles. For more information about our work visit our website.
Summary of Development Director Position
JBAY is recruiting for the position of Development Director. This position will be based in San Francisco and will oversee our donor relations program and manage our fundraising initiatives.
Responsibilities of Development Director Position
· Design, implement, and manage a comprehensive fundraising strategy to build and maintain relationships with all donor constituencies (foundations, corporations, individuals, etc.)
· Identify prospective individual and corporate donors and develop strategies to cultivate those relationships
· Engage personally with donors and donor prospects; schedule and facilitates meetings to connect donors with JBAY staff and board members
· Develop and manage annual revenue and expense budgets for development activities and provide fiscal oversight for monthly revenue and expense budgets
· Maintain ongoing communications with private and corporate donors
· Ensure timely and accurate report deliveries to funders
· Collaborate with staff on the management and planning of fundraising events
· Develop marketing collateral related to fundraising in collaboration with our advertising department
· Ensure that contributions and donor data are properly maintained in the organization's donor database, including monthly reconciliation of contributions with the finance department
· Prepare and present development reports and statistical analysis to the Executive Director and Board of Directors
Qualifications and Skills Required
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Communications or related field
· 8+ years’ fundraising experience, including experience at cultivating and managing high-impact institutional funding relationships
· Foundation relationship and grant writing experience
· Familiarity with donor database, such as Salesforce or Razor’s Edge
· Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
· Excellent written, interpersonal and verbal communication skills
Salary & Benefits
The salary is competitive and based on experience. This is a full-time exempt position. JBAY offers a generous benefits package that includes health, dental, vacation and sick time and 401k matching contributions.
Send resume and cover letter, which includes a description of your interest in the position, qualifications and salary requirements
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $110,000.00 to $125,000.00 /year
Pay may depend on skills and/or qualifications
The John Burton Foundation for Children Without Homes is a non-profit organization based in San Francisco, working throughout California to improve the quality of life for California’s foster, former foster, and homeless children. JBF is committed to achieving success for every foster youth and developing and advocating for policy solutions to bring an end to youth homelessness.