Kids Kollege Preschool is hiring two assistant teachers to enhance our nurturing, responsive, and emergent learning environment!
Kids Kollege is a creative, play-based preschool that provides high quality care and education to children ages 2-5. We have been serving families in the Outer Sunset community of San Francisco since 1989.
We believe that each child has the right to a safe, nurturing, responsive, and enriching environment in which to grow, learn, and build relationships. We view children as competent explorers and encourage them to express themselves, problem solve, think critically, be creative, practice compassion, exercise mindfulness, and build self-esteem. We strive to be a community where each child and family is included, valued, and represented, and where each participant is actively invited to voice and contribute ideas, opinions, and questions.
We are open Monday to Friday 7 am to 6 pm year-round. We are located close to Ocean Beach, Judah train, and 18 bus.
- Assist lead teacher in planning classes using Creative Curriculum, a comprehensive curriculum that features exploration and discovery as a way of learning and enables children to develop confidence, creativity, and lifelong critical thinking skills
- Help prepare engaging activities designed to promote physical, social, emotional and academic development, such as art projects, games, music, storytelling, and field trips
- Assist children in daily tasks including play, meal time, potty training/ bathroom use, and nap time
- Openly communicate and work closely with families and staff members to encourage mutual cooperation
- Provide responsive and compassionate care, engage in thoughtful interactions, and create meaningful bonds with young children
The perfect candidate for this position is someone who:
- Has 6+ Early Childhood Education units and 1+ years of experience working with children
- Has a friendly, energetic and outgoing disposition
- Loves, values, understands, and advocates for children
- Works well with others and has excellent communication skills
- Is patient, creative, professional, and takes initiative
- Has Full Time Availability (Monday-Friday 8:30 am- 5:30 pm)
Pay & Benefits:
- $18-19 / hour (based on experience)
- 32 Paid Holidays Annually (including 1 week off for Spring Break, 1 week off for Summer Break, and 2 weeks off for Winter Break)
- 72 paid Sick Hours Annually
*** To apply please email us with a resume and cover letter. Thank you
Kids Kollege Preschool has been successfully maintaining well rounded programs to serve families since 1989.