WHO WE ARE:
Ca’ Momi is the love child of three passionate Italian business partners & co-owners. Their mission is to share their Italian heritage & bring community, friends & family together around the table. Ca’ Momi calls what they do heartcrafted, because that’s how they work: with passion, integrity, & authenticity. They honor the values of an earlier time, from local & organic ingredient sourcing, VPN/APN-certified Neapolitan pizzas, house-made traditional foods, to zero-pretension wines, & all-natural craft spirits. They dream big & are working to build a heart-centered community where everyone has a sense of purpose, belonging, & possibility.
Eat. Drink. Be. Authentic.
Accurately and efficiently cook meats, fish, vegetables, soups and other hot food products as well as prepare and portion food products prior to cooking. Also perform other duties in the areas of food and final plate preparation including plating and garnishing of cooked items and preparing appropriate garnishes for all hot menu item plates.
- Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
- Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
- Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
- Prepares item for broiling, grilling, frying, sautéing or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning and/or marinating.
- Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
- Handles, stores and rotates all products properly.
- Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
- Closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assists others in closing the kitchen.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Kitchen Manager or manager-on-duty.
- Report to managers when something is broken or needs repair
- Keep a clean, stocked and tidy workspace.
- Follows state health official’s guidelines on the proper storage and preparation of food, specifically raw animal products.
Reports to: BOH Manager.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in kitchen preparation and cooking.
- At least 6 months experience in a similar capacity.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel.
- Knowledge of safety rules for kitchen equipment.
Certification: Food Handler’s Certification
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40 pounds.
- Position requires employee to stand approximately 90-95% of work hours.
- Ability to use both hands in repetitive and non-repetitive motion for up to 8 hours per day.
- Ability to lift up to 70 pounds, and to carry loads of up to 35 pounds over moderate distances.
- Ability to reach, bend, and stoop.
- Employee must wash hands frequently during the day.
- Employee works with heat sources and knives, and therefore must have acute motor control.
- Ability to speak and hear.
- Close and distance vision.
- Identify and distinguish colors.
- Continual use of manual dexterity and gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual dexterity and fine motor skills.
- Position is occasionally stressful.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, and extended hours as business dictates.
- Will work near moving and mechanical parts.
- Employee will work with sharp utensils such as knives, peelers, slicers and grinders.