MidPen Housing is a non-profit organization who develops high-quality affordable housing communities, professionally manages the properties in those communities, and provides services to residents. The three affiliated corporations are MidPen Housing Corporation, MidPen Property Management Corporation and MidPen Resident Services Corporation.
Our mission is to provide safe, affordable housing of high quality to those in need; to establish stability and opportunity in the lives of residents; and to foster diverse communities which allows people from all ethnic, social and economic backgrounds to live in dignity, harmony and mutual respect.
Under the supervision of the Community Manager, the Maintenance Technician is responsible for the overall maintenance of the property.
Your day to day:
- Assists Community Manager with move-ins, move-outs and annual inspections.
- Prepares vacant units for re-occupancy. Units are required to be completely turned for new move-ins within 3-6 days after a resident vacates.
- Assists Community Manager with the purchase of supplies and equipment.
- Maintains inventory control of all maintenance tools, equipment, and supplies.
- Assists in custodial work. Includes: clean common areas (including laundry rooms, rest rooms, recreation centers, offices, hallways, etc.), which includes sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, emptying trash, cleaning windows, etc.
- Assures all required work orders are accurately completed and stored in apartment unit files with periodic and routine grounds activity.
- Ensures landscape and irrigation system are maintained according to MidPen standards and contract specifications.
- Ensures that storage areas and entrances are clean, orderly, and locked
- Ensures that adequate lighting is maintained throughout property.
- Schedules work order requests according to maintenance priorities.
- Assists Community Manager with coordination of the bidding process, including scheduling and monitoring work performed by contractors.
- Coaches and provides oversight to the Maintenance Groundskeeper.
- Performs other assignments as requested.
What you bring:
- Five years’ experience with maintenance, landscaping and irrigation systems; preferably within the field of property management
- Experience in electrical repairs to appliances, circuits and fixtures
- Extensive Plumbing Knowledge
- Basic computer skills
- Rough and finish carpentry experience
- Basic knowledge of OSHA regulation
- Basic knowledge of landscape maintenance
- Possess good written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to lift 75 pounds and scale ladders
- Possess ability to coach, train and teach
- Must possess a valid California Driver’s License, auto insurance and reliable transportation
- Commitment to the Mission and Values of MidPen Services and MidPen Housing.
Life at MidPen:
When you join MidPen, you join a team of passionate, committed individuals. Whether you work at our corporate office or onsite at one of our communities, MidPen employees help transform lives from day one while enjoying the following full time benefits and perks:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Competitive vacation and sick time accrual, and personal holiday hours
- Long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance and AD&D
- Great work-life balance, including a wellness program
- Free on-site parking
- In-house trainings and external classes supporting professional development
- Company outings and team-building activities
- Financial counseling and generous discretionary retirement contributions
At MidPen, we seek those with good hearts and great minds - those who share our dream of providing affordable housing to all. We are guided by five core values that shape our interactions with our partners, residents, and each other:
- Integrity: We provide accurate, timely information, manage our company resources responsibly, and conduct all aspects of our business honestly and fairly.
- Collaboration: We work as a team that seeks out and honors diverse opinions, ideas, and skill sets in order to achieve common goals. We understand that individual success is linked with our collective success.
- Accountability: We follow through on the commitments we make to one another, our partners, our residents and our communities. We deliver specific, defined results and take responsibility for the consequences of our actions or inactions.
- Respect: We treat our employees, residents, vendors, partners, investors, and the community in which we work with dignity. We welcome social and intellectual diversity and we recognize and value the unique contributions made by our diverse stakeholders.
- Excellence: We set and strive to meet a high standard for quality, professionalism and competence. We create a work environment that inspires extraordinary work, recognizes results, and gives everyone a chance to make a difference and share in the organization’s success.
We want you to be part of #TeamMidPen. Find more than a job. Find community. Apply today!