Curry Up Now started in 2009 with a single food truck roaming the streets of Burlingame, CA. With great success and an amazing team behind us, we’ve since expanded to three food trucks, seven brick & mortar restaurants and two craft cocktail bars and have started franchising across the US.
Even though we have great plans to continually expand in the future, we’re still a small company and will always be a small company at heart. This means our employees aren’t a faceless number to us. We cherish each and every employee as they really are the only reason we keep doing what we’re doing.
So join us. And be a part of something exciting and different.
JOB TITLE: Cashier (Guest Service, Food Runner/Expeditor)
REPORTS TO: General Manager
DIRECT REPORTS: None
- Sick Leave (earned based on local/state/federal compliance mandates, by location)
- Medical Insurance (Full-Time employees only)
- Commuter Benefits
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Free Shift Meal
- Discounted meals at all Corporate-Owned Restaurants on your day off SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- None POSITION QUALIFICATIONS
- Self-discipline, initiative, leadership ability and outgoing
- Pleasant, polite manner and a neat and clean appearance
- Must possess good communication skills and provide exceptional customer service
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks such as take orders, ensure that orders are produced timely and respond to guest questions.
- A combination of practical experience and education, along with the drive, desire, and ambition to succeed in work and in life
- Basic knowledge of computers (MS Word, Excel), and Point of Sale systems
- Must be reliable, dependable, and willing to work the hours per week as needed for the role whether full-time or part-time.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Must have ServSafe or California Food Handlers Certification PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Position may be required to assist in restaurant operations (prolonged periods of standing, walking and/or assist with food production or service) during critical operational demands. Heavy lifting may be required. WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The environment within the restaurant may be subject to extreme heat and wet, slippery floors, particularly in the food production area. Care must be exercised to wear appropriate attire such as skid resistant shoes. The job description below is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employees assigned to this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or tasks which may be required to be performed in this position.
The Company may amend, change, or modify the responsibilities and duties of this position to meet business needs as necessary.
This job description does not constitute a contract for employment and may be changed at the discretion of Company Leadership with or without notice.
The Cashier is responsible for managing the first impression of Curry Up Now to our guests. Taking orders from customers, providing customer service, delivering food to tables, expediting orders, and general friendly engagement is required in this role. The position is held accountable for the financial responsibility of the cash drawer in which they operate. Accurate accounting for beginning and ending balances, sales receipts, etc. are the responsibility of the Cashier.
This person must represent the brand by always being cheerful and showcasing the absolute best in hospitality and taking care of our guests and each other.