Country Day Little School, a small Waldorf inspired pre-school is accepting applications for an afternoon teaching position, 1:00 to 5:30. (start of the work day can be somewhat flexible)
Our ideal candidate has experience in a Waldorf pre-school setting or has teaching experience and a desire to teach in a Waldorf environment. As a faculty of five teachers, we work together in supporting a group of 28 students, and find ourselves needing an additional teacher to allow for time to work with our parent community.
Our afternoon teacher will work with the classroom teachers, and will be responsible for carrying the "LateBird" program at the end of the school day, providing a warm, home like experience for the children.
BA in Early Childhood education is preferred. Applicants who have Early Childhood experience and 18 units in Early Childhood Education, presently continuing their education, are encouraged to apply.
• Must be able to perform physical activities such as but not limited to: lifting or carrying children if needed. (up to 40 lbs.) bending, standing, and walking.
• Teachers are often required to sit, climb, bend, stand, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Must be able to move freely and have the ability to move quickly, when needed.
• Pre-employment Tuberculosis screenings will be required along with proof of Measles, Pertussis vaccinations
• Live Scan DOJ/FBI fingerprint check
• Valid CPR and First Aid Certification
Please send Resume and references to:
Peggy Jane ( 650-861-1943)
At Country Day Little School, learning takes place through play, activity, and imitation, rather than through the introduction of academic subjects. Children below grade-school age absorb everything from their environment. The teachers' purposefulness in the work of the preschool is imitated by the children, who display a similar purposefulness in their play, which is their means of relating to the world.
Because of the importance of the environment for the growing child, we place great emphasis on maintaining a beautiful classroom space. Our playthings are made of natural materials and are simple enough that the child's imagination is awakened by using them in many different ways. The exercise of healthy fantasy through creative play in the preschool years is an important seed, which will later flower into intellectual accomplishment.