Fève (French for “bean”) is a 4-time Good Food Award®-winning artisan chocolate company that has been a leader in confection flavor and technique innovation in San Francisco for over 12 years. We produce the highest-quality hand-made truffles, caramels and chocolate covered nuts in small batches, using the best chocolate and ingredients available, and tapping into cutting-edge technology to produce both modern and traditional confections. We focus on creating incredible textures, intense flavors, and exciting custom appearances for our customers which include some of the top hotels, specialty stores, wineries, and national grocery chains in the nation. We’re in an exciting time of growth for our company, and we are seeking long-term, committed and enthusiastic team members for growth and long term sustainability. And we love to have fun!
At Feve, our rapid growth has led to the need for a dynamic individual to support our operations management, financial accounting, record-keeping and shipping & fulfillment operations. We are growing by leaps and bounds, and this is a ground-floor opportunity to help shape our business and strategies for years to come! The ideal individual has an operations and business management/computer background with at least 3 years of work experience managing the inventory, shipping/receiving, and financial record-keeping for a small to mid-sided company, but is looking for something “extra” and unique to make the role more interesting. In our case, we are looking for an exceptional performer who can manage our company’s business operations in the absence of the CEO, as a way to demonstrate their ability to grow with Feve enroute to a more expansive potential role that could even include COO or CFO. This person will be involved in strategic activities including creation of marketing collateral and new product packaging, managing membership clubs, tracking corporate sales activity, and helping with digital marketing initiatives. The ideal candidate, in addition to the requisite operations and financial skills, is a sharp thinker, with advanced computer and accounting skills, great business sense and a strong customer and operations orientation. This person will obsess over the details, and have a very strong problem-solving personality that drives them toward success no matter how difficult the challenge.
You will work very closely with the CEO of Feve to learn and understand our current financial and record- keeping systems, IT and ERP systems, our state-of-the-art inventory management software, and our production processes and fulfillment operations. We would expect this training to take approximately 3-4 weeks, after which you will be fully responsible for their operation and success.
You must be a good communicator, and especially disciplined, detail-oriented and focused. Organizational skills are a must. This position reports to the President & CEO (and owner) of Feve. At Feve, our employees are very valuable and we strive to create a working environment that is focused
and disciplined, as well as enjoyable to work in. The salary is competitive, and this is a permanent position with expected working hours of 8:30am to 5pm Monday to Friday. However, during our busy holiday and seasonal periods, you may be required to come in earlier, stay later, or work occasional weekends to keep up with demand. We are seeking enthusiastic candidates wanting to be part of the leading, artisan chocolate-making company in San Francisco as it grows its market presence and expands rapidly. The salary per year is $45,000 to $52,000 plus bonuses.
• Primary responsibility for the operational management of Feve’s business, including inventory management, sales orders, purchase orders, manufacturing orders, and reconciliations of same;
• Reconciles all production and work orders against actual results using the company’s state-of-the-art ERP system;
• Manages shipping and fulfillment of wholesale and eCommerce orders on a daily basis.
• Supervises ordering of inventory and raw materials, finished goods and packaging using Feve’s inventory management and control systems. Preferably has some experience using inventory control software systems and/or culinary IT systems.
• Establishes, monitors and enforces internal controls to protect company assets. Enforces compliance with accounting and billing policies and procedures.
• Assists the CEO in strategic business decisions with financial analysis and support. Assists with pricing analyses of custom projects.
• Independent problem solving skills are very important, must think like an owner, and be able to work independently without close supervision.
• Understands complex math and computer operating techniques. Positive input and ideas to achieve better results and higher productivity are welcome and expected.
• Helps create a positive work environment that is focused, progressive and enjoyable.
• Focus, positive attitude and desire to be a key part of the senior management of a fast-growing, artisan chocolate-making company with a 12+ year history of success in San Francisco;
• Bachelors degree in accounting or finance, or at least 5 years or more experience in the financial or business management of a small company;
• Demonstrated success in leading a division or company’s financial management with a high level of proficiency;
• At least intermediate level of proficiency with Quickbooks and/or inventory management ERP systems (cloud-based or desktop);
• Extreme attention to detail, superb organizational skills, and an above-average ability to multitask;
• Clear and frequent communicator, ability to work with people of various personalities and resolve conflicts as needed;
• Must be fluent in English and able to work in the U.S. legally.
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
• Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
• Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
• High energy level -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
• Bonuses, including performance and holiday bonuses
• Free Chocolate Allowance!
• Paid time off
• Flexible schedule, with no evening or weekend work
In the kitchen, Feve creates flavors and textures like no other chocolatier. Founded in San Francisco over a decade ago, we create innovative and sustainable chocolate confections that offer a unique artistic and transformative culinary experience.