Our Regional Directors are passionate about working with kids and making an impact. They think innovation is important—so important that it’s at the cornerstone of how they lead, motivate, and inspire their staff. They are effective project managers, detail-oriented operations specialists, and visionary entrepreneurs. They care about our culture, our work, our development, and our community efforts. They embody our values of being visionary, courageous, collaborative, determined, and reflective. They are Galileo.
We value divergent thinkers who bring various experiences and viewpoints to the table at Galileo. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented groups and people of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Who are you?
- You live and breathe the Galileo mission. You believe in innovation. You believe that when kids are fearless, they learn and care more deeply. You believe that these fearless innovators will go on to change the world.
- You’re a leader — a servant leader — at heart. You believe that the best managers are ones who serve and support their teams, and you measure your success in large part by the success of those around you.
- You’re a lifelong learner. Growth mindset is your mantra. You’re eager to build on and develop skills in project and people management.
- You have an extensive hat collection. You wear many of them. You operate with an all-hands-on-deck mentality and understand that there’s no task too small, especially when your impact is so big.
- You’re an adept time manager. Juggling isn’t just a party trick—it’s your specialty. You know when to switch gears from detail management to supportive mentorship.
- You’re a glass-half-full hard worker. You’re committed to quality and are prepared to put in long hours when necessary. You take ownership over your own performance and strive to make Galileo—and yourself—better every day.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, advanced degree preferred
- Experience in multi-site operational management, managing projects, programs, or services
- Minimum 5 years experience working with K-8th grade range and managing people, ideally a team
- Readiness to stick around: we find that our Regional Directors benefit from a 5 year minimum commitment
Benefits & Compensation
- Base and bonus potential to be discussed during interview
- Employee medical and dental benefits provided by Galileo; employee-paid dependent care and multiple ancillary benefits available
- 401(k) provided after one year of employment; current Galileo contribution is 3%, with an employee contribution option
- We believe that a balance between work and life is essential to happiness and success, so work hard and take the time you need; 25 personal days per year
- We offer a significant camp discount to year-round and seasonal employees
SoCal Office, 100 W Broadway, Long Beach, CA 90802