Communications & Research Coordinator
The Independent Film & Television Alliance® (IFTA®) is seeking a top-notch Coordinator to be a dynamic member of the Communications and Research teams and reporting to two busy department heads.
A successful candidate has prior professional experience developing, writing and creating content for a variety of communications channels and strong research and web-based skills. They application should be able to multi-task, work independently and manage projects, be organized, precise, proactive and dedicated. Strong written and verbal communications skills with staff, members, the press, and others. 2-3 years of experience working in Communication / Public Relations or a related field, and an interest in the international, business-side of the film/TV industry is highly desired.
IFTA is the global trade association for independent film and television production, finance, distribution, and sales companies. The organization represents the independent sector before governments and international bodies and provides significant entertainment industry services to more than 140 member companies from 23 countries. IFTA also produces the world's largest annual motion picture trade event, the American Film Market® (AFM®), every November in Santa Monica.
The Coordinator will work in close collaboration with the Vice Presidents of Communications and Research. Individual responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Design, write, produce, and distribute digital communications to members, the press and the industry at large, including newsletters, special event invitations and flyers, research reports and summaries, news items, press releases, and other collateral.
• Coordinate company’s Webinar and Informational Video program; create timelines, identify and secure speakers, handle event logistics and registration, PowerPoint and video creation, and operation of Webinar software.
• Provide public relations and press office support for IFTA and the company’s annual event, the American Film Market, in November; oversee press registration, respond to media requests, manage press lists, monitor media activity and compile coverage reports.
• Conduct research on the international film and TV business, including companies, executives, production and marketplace information.
• Develop original, compelling content for all social media channels.
• Help manage and update company’s website and MyIFTA, a private member-only community.
• Schedule and conduct phone, in-person, and email interviews with members and industry professionals - where English may not be their first language - for research reports and member services.
• Error-proof all communications and marketing content, checking format, technical/functionality, and overall accuracy.
• Skilled in Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suites and Google Suite; experience with Word Press, Dreamweaver, HTML, Canva, and other photo and video-editing software is also desired
• Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills are essential
• Excellent communication and service-oriented skills
• Experience in content creation
• Outstanding attention to detail, organization and planning abilities
• Adept at quickly learning new processes, technology, and programs
• Ability to prioritize and be a resourceful problem solver
• Understanding of social media best practices (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn)
• Experience using analytics in a business environment is a plus
• Graphic design skills are also a plus
• Bilingual is desired but not required
We provide an excellent benefits package.
Please send a cover letter, resume and salary history in confidence via mail, fax or email to:
Portia McGrew, Director
Human Resources & Administration
Independent Film & Television Alliance
10850 Wilshire Blvd., 9th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90024
Email: pmcgrew @ IFTA-online.org
No calls please!
The Independent Film & Television Alliance (IFTA®) supports, protects, and advances the global independent film and TV industry. Our membership includes more than 140 companies from 23 countries. From independent production and distribution companies, to sales agents and financiers, we are the only organization that unites the collective voice of Independents around the world and ensures that they are well represented across all issues that impact the independent business.