Do you have a passion for working with people, excellent organizational skills, and an interest in architecture? Do you like to keep things running smoothly and make sure everyone is taken care of? We’re looking for someone with 2+ years professional experience to help keep our creative office running smoothly and propelling forward. We’d love to meet you!
About us: William Duff Architects is a dynamic, growing architecture firm, comprised of bright, creative, motivated people. Founded in 1998, WDA has built a national, award-winning reputation in residential, retail, restaurant, and commercial projects. We offer competitive salaries, full benefits, a transit-friendly workplace, and opportunities for professional growth.
Reports to: Director of Operations
Manages: Interns, when present
WDA Benefits Package:
• Competitive salaries
• Health, dental, vision & life insurance
• 401K retirement plan
• Profit Sharing (401k)
• Paid Time Off
• Professional development support
• In-house mentorship
• Quarterly office outings
• Summer hours
• Weekly happy hours
• In-house bicycle parking
• Retail discount program
- Assists Director of Operations in maintaining a supportive, fun, comfortable, safe and efficient office environment.
- Supports Director of Operations and management team.
- Tracks expenses and income transactions. Communicates with staff to obtain appropriate information for bookkeeping needs. Maintains bookkeeping data entry in accounting and tracking software.
- Tracks, prepares and sends out timely bill payments.
- Manages the office calendar and scheduling for the Managing Principal.
- Schedules and coordinates vendor meetings.
- Supports client and internal meetings with scheduling, preparation and clean-up.
- Plans and executes internal staff events and outings such as quarterly staff outings, team building events, intermittent lunches and happy hours.
- Greets office visitors, answers phones, and responds to general office emails and inquiries.
- Manages office opening and closing procedures.
- Manages office supplies inventory. Facilitates ordering of supplies, office snacks, catering, messenger and other services.
- Runs light errands and distributes office mail.
- Tidies communal office areas. Performs simple repairs and maintenance as needed. Coordinates with office vendors to keep office facilities in great shape.
- Supports marketing team with office mailings.
- Supports smooth flow of information with office intranet updates.
- Organizes, maintains and updates material library. Logs updated samples and keeps library tidy.
- Supports weekly staff meetings and updates staffing hours.
- Supports recruiting efforts by posting job listings, scheduling interviews and corresponding with candidates.
- Facilitates new employee orientation.
- Supports technical staff as needed: scans drawings, compiles meeting booklets, updates documents, runs light errands and others.
- Coordinate and execute special projects as they occur.
Education and Experience: 2+ years of work experience or a recent graduate. Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) with a major or focus in Business Administration, Communications, Hospitality or Design preferred. AEC experience a plus but not required.
Other Job Requirements:
- Warm, friendly and easy to work with.
- Have a positive, professional and can-do attitude.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Strong writing, verbal, and organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail and follow through on tasks.
- Ability to think creatively, work efficiently, prioritize and plan ahead, and juggle multiple tasks at once.
- Ability to pivot and accommodate last minute changes in daily responsibilities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook)
Please submit the following in PDF form by email to email@example.com (not to exceed 4MB), and include the job title in the subject line:
- A cover letter articulating why you could be a good fit at WDA, and a bit about your personal inspirations and aspirations
- How you heard about WDA
No drop-in visits or phone calls, please. WDA is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer