Reports To: After School Director and Lower School Director
Position Type: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Established in 1920, Bentley School is a K-12 co-educational, independent day school located on two campuses in Oakland and Lafayette. Bentley is an inclusive community that shares a vision of transformative learning and respect for the individual.
The Bentley School After School Program is available to all students grades K-8. The cost is included in tuition with charges only for special class offerings. After school activities and opportunities are designed to complement and enhance Bentley’s academic program, to cultivate student skills, and to provide additional experiences in areas outside of the regular curriculum.
Responsibilities Responsibilities for this position will include, but are not limited to:
● Supervise students of various ages and environments, including library, outside/play areas, and classrooms
● Encourage inclusive, healthy play to develop and improve students’ physical and social skills
● Build a trusting relationship with students and the school community
● Communicate effectively with the ASP team and Director to ensure the safety and well-being of each student
● Assist with setup and cleanup of ASP activities
● Ensure materials, equipment, and community spaces are used appropriately
● High School Diploma
● Some college-related credits in Early Childhood or Education
● Related experience with school-age children and youth (K-8) in educational or recreational settings, preferred
● CPR/First Aid certified, or willingness to be certified
● Ability to bend, squat, or lift child and stand for long periods
Bentley School is an equal opportunity employer and seeks rich diversity among faculty and administration. The School offers competitive compensation and benefits.
How to Apply Please send a letter of interest and CV/resume. A list with the names and contact information of three (3) references should also be included. Include “After School Staff full time” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Established in 1920, Bentley School is a K-12 co-educational, independent day school located on two campuses in Oakland (K-8) and Lafayette (9-12) California. Bentley is an inclusive community that shares a vision of academic achievement, balance, and the cultivation of character.
Culture & Perks