PROGRAM ASSISTANT, Volunteer Services
Status: Non-Exempt, Full-Time
Location: San Rafael, CA
About CVNL: The Center for Volunteer & Nonprofit Leadership (CVNL) is dedicated to advancing nonprofits and volunteerism by strengthening leadership, encouraging innovation and empowering individuals in our community. CVNL has been building the capacity of volunteers and nonprofits for more than 50 years, and continues to adapt and evolve, leveraging powerful tools and technologies to make it easier for volunteers to engage and for organizations to promote volunteer opportunities. The Volunteer Services Department connects volunteers to local needs, and builds the capacity of local nonprofits by providing expert guidance and professional resources.
Position Overview: The Program Assistant works collaboratively with the Director of Volunteer Services, other CVNL staff, volunteers, partner organizations, AmeriCorps members, and community stakeholders to ensure smooth, high-functioning volunteer programs. This position reports to the Director of Volunteer Services and provides direct administrative and event-planning support to Volunteer Services staff in Marin, Sonoma, Solano and Napa Counties. The Program Assistant works respectfully with diverse populations and cultures from varied communities and partner organizations. The Program Assistant provides exceptional customer service and strong attention to detail and ensures professional project coordination. As a key member of the Volunteer Services department and CVNL staff, the Program Assistant helps to create impactful and meaningful volunteer projects.
· Provide administrative support related to Days of Service, the AmeriCorps program, volunteer fairs, public presentations, training workshops and other activities
· Provide administrative support related to grant management and departmental budget management
· Update project-related data and online records using a Salesforce-based platform
· Assist volunteers who call, email or visit the office and need help finding volunteer opportunities
· Promote Volunteer Services programs by distributing outreach materials online and occasionally in-person
· Compile and aggregate data on Volunteer Services programs for monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
· Provide administrative and logistical support during disasters as a part of CVNL’s Emergency Volunteer Center program
· Perform other duties as required.
· Highly motivated and results-oriented
· Ability to work both independently and in a team setting
· Strong customer service skills (phone, email, in-person)
· 1 year of administrative experience preferred
· Occasional weekend work required (as needed and with advance notice)
· Demonstrated success using databases such as Salesforce
· Proficiency with MS Office
· Event coordination experience preferred
· Proven ability to work effectively and respectfully with diverse groups of varying cultures, ethnicities, age groups, abilities, etc.
· Must have reliable transportation, a valid CA driver’s license and proof of auto insurance.
SALARY AND BENEFITS: This is an entry-level program support position in the Volunteer Services department. Salary will be commensurate with experience. CVNL offers a full benefits package.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: In addition to basic computer desk work, the employee is required to stand, walk, reach above shoulders, and climb or balance. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
To be considered as an applicant:
· Email resume and cover letter to Elaine Tokolahi, Director of Volunteer Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org
· Please put “Program Assistant” in the subject line
· Attachments must be in .doc of .pdf format; do not include resume in the body of your email
· Resumes must be submitted with a cover letter No phone calls please
Serving the Bay Area for over 50 years, CVNL knows that passion alone isn’t enough when it comes to creating strong nonprofits. With a mission to advance nonprofits and volunteerism by strengthening leadership, encouraging innovation and empowering individuals in our community, CVNL works with aspiring and established leaders every day to help them build the skills and connections that can take their impact to the next level. www.cvnl.org
Serving the Bay Area for over 50 years, with a mission to advance nonprofits and volunteerism by strengthening leadership, encouraging innovation and empowering individuals in our community.
11-50 team members
Culture & Perks