Valid Food Handlers card Required
The Bar & Grill at the Radisson Hotel Oakland Airport is currently looking for experienced server with excellent customer service skills. Must be available weekends(Friday Saturday Sunday required) & holidays. Position would start on a PT / on call basis with the possibility of FT.
Shifts are generally 4PM-12PM but start time may vary.
To provide the service of food and/or beverage to include order taking and delivery of any food and/or beverage items in a friendly, courteous, helpful, timely, and professional manner resulting in a very high level of guest satisfaction.
- Check station before, during, and after shift for proper set-up and cleanliness. Maintain condition and cleanliness of work area.
- Greet the guest in a friendly and courteous manner and explain any specials and/or restaurant promotions for guest awareness.
- Record the details of the order from the guests, repeating the order to the guest to check for accuracy utilizing the guest’s name as much as possible.
- Input the order into the Point of Sale computer to inform the kitchen of the particulars in the order being placed.
- Retrieve order from kitchen, confirm its accuracy, lift and deliver to guest along with appropriate condiments. Abide by all State, Federal, and Corporate liquor regulations pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages.
- Interact with guest.
- Maintain a positive attitude throughout shift.
- Work as a team player and assist co-workers as needed.
- Replenish beverages as necessary and check with guests for overall satisfaction.
- Market and serve upon request any dessert items or specials of the day.
- Present check to guests promptly.
- Collect payment for check, always thank guest and invite them to return.
- Clear, clean, and set tables.
- Perform all assigned side work to include replenishing condiments and restocking service areas.
- Perform any general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products as assigned to adhere to health standards.
- Maintain self-banking procedures.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
- Ability to maintain standards for service, steps of service and all departmental standards.
- Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation, service standards, guest relations, and etiquette.
- Knowledge of the appropriate table settings, service ware, and menu items.
- Ability to read, write, and speak the English language sufficient to understand menus, special promotions, record orders, communicate with guests to explain and record orders.
- Ability to remember, recite, and promote the variety of menu items.
- Able to promptly deliver the correct orders to each table.
- Ability to operate/learn Point of Sales procedures to pre-check order and close out the check.
- Prior food and beverage experience required. Prior hospitality experience preferred.
- Cash handling experience preferred.
- Maintain professional demeanor and ensure cleanliness of uniform.
- Self-motivate during slow periods.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- bartending: 1 year (Preferred)
- waitress: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- food handler certificate (Required)
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks - learn more at https://start.indeed.com/fair-chance)
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- Greeting and seating customers
- Taking orders
- Delivering food
- Serving alcohol
- Busing, cleaning, and resetting tables
- Answering phone calls
- Placing to-go orders
- Prep or side work
- Preparing bill and processing payment
- Cleaning duties such as stocking, sanitizing, sweeping floors, washing dishes
- Reconciling daily cash transactions
- Handling cash accurately
- Processing credit cards
- Basic math calculations without a calculator
- Using a calculator
- Using Point of Sale software
- Using other restaurant software
- Making change accurately
- Using a digital cash register
- Operating a variety of equipment, such as fire extinguishers, telephones, iced tea/soda machines, soup wells, and coffee machines