Bui Sushi in Malibu is currently looking for a HOST/HOSTESS to join the team. The ideal candidate would be someone who is highly energetic, self-motivated, goal-oriented, structured and loves the hospitality industry. The perfect candidate is a gifted, intelligent communicator with an innate sense of hospitality and the ability to multi-task. Ability to take to-go orders over the phone as well as complete the packing process and help run food at the expo line. Ability to maintain composure at the door and on the phone while managing a wait list and multiple phone lines is required.
Welcome and warmly greet all guests upon arrival. Manage the efficient and timely seating of our guests. Maintain the flow of the restaurant so as to not overwhelm any given area and the guest experience is not compromised. Take to-go orders and pack them correctly. Maintain the cleanliness of the Host station and front entry of the restaurant. Assist in running food at the expo line, taking to-go orders and packing them to accurate completion. Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor.
WORKING CONDITIONS & EXPECTATIONS:
• Work schedule will vary between morning to evening, weekends and holidays.
• We are closed on Fourth of July, Thanksgiving and Christmas.
• Our typical shifts are 12pm-4pm and 4pm to 9:30pm
• Shifts will range from 4 - 8 hours and you may at times be asked to work overtime.
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment and keep up with the guests needs.
• Always act in a professional manner that represents the restaurant, owners, partners and staff.
• Respectful to all guests that have chosen to dine in our restaurants.
• Demonstrate teamwork in all areas of the restaurant.
• Work with a positive attitude in all types of situations.
• Follow safety and sanitation rules and laws at all times.
• Always act in the best interest of the restaurant, fellow employees and guests.
• Welcome and accept feedback and coaching from the management team in order to maintain and grow as an employee.
Important to Note:
• We are looking for someone with Open Availability especially on the weekends
• We are looking for someone to work 1-5 shifts a week (most shifts are 12pm-4pm or 4pm-9:30pm)
• We are located in Malibu so consider the drive and always be punctual
• The hourly wage in Malibu is $ 14.25 which is higher than in most areas
• Payday is every two weeks and direct deposit is available
• Hosts make hourly wage plus tips
If you would like to be considered for the position, please come in Monday -Thursday at 5pm with your resume and or reply via email and do the following:
1) Reply with Host in the subject field.
2) Attach a copy of your resume to the email
Bui Sushi opened it’s doors in 2006 in the heart of Malibu, and has been a local favorite ever since. Offering a cozy and casual atmosphere, we serve top-quality cuisine in a comfortable and inviting environment. Bui Sushi features several unique dining spaces. With an energetic dining room and sushi bar, a warm and sexy lounge and an intimate and relaxing patio, Bui has the atmosphere to fit your mood.
Our impressive line of sushi chefs create dishes with quality and flavor sure to please anyone’s palette. Our sushi bar serves only the highest quality sushi and sashimi. In addition to our traditional Japanese dishes, Bui Malibu’s innovative signature dishes have won the local affection. Our Specialty Sushi Rolls and Hamachi Carpaccio are favorites amongst our lunch guests, and our Black Cod With Miso calls loyal followers in night after night. We invite you to come sit at the bar and enjoy a signature cocktail and Duck Potstickers with Mango Chutney, or to relax in our patio next to the fire while you enjoy our Filet Mignon Kushiyaki.