About Be the Change Consulting
Be the Change Consulting is a dynamic, growing consulting firm that works with organizations to transform them into rich learning centers, poised to meet their mission. We work with schools, foundations, community-based organizations to shift organizational culture and programmatic practices through engaged consulting, experiential learning, hands-on coaching and dynamic facilitation.
Among the areas we find to be the most critical indicators of organizational sustainability are:
You can expect to be a part of an organization that not only teaches those values but also strives to live them!
About the position
Under the direction of the Chief Operating Officer and with the support of a part-time bookkeeping firm, you will be managing the fiscal and HR operations of a thriving small values-driven business. Our next hire must be responsible, detailed oriented and be very familiar with QuickBooks online. Must have knowledge in general ledger accounts, purchasing, accounts receivable/payable, reconciliation, bank statements, and financial statements. Must have basic HR experience. Familiarity with Zenifits (Our online payroll and HR management system) a plus, but not necessary.
PLEASE DO NOT REPLY IF NO QB EXPERIENCE. MUST BE LOCAL
· Manage the day to day accounting, monthly close process and internal policies and procedures, including preparation of monthly and quarterly financial statements.
· Manage client contracts
· Responsible for the management and maintenance of general accounting systems to provide records of assets, liabilities and financial transactions.
· Providing financial reports covering sales, earnings, profits, cash balances etc.
· Maintains or oversees the maintenance of general and subsidiary ledgers of the company, financial statements, bank reconciliation and general tax reports, and payroll.
· Develops and directs the operation of additional accounting systems and procedures to reduce costs and obtain improved information
· Processes Bi-weekly payroll
· Preparing both business and sales taxes
· Preparing 1099’s
· Perform other related duties as required
Human Resources Support
· Oversight of HR/Payroll- time tracking, employee onboarding, W2, 1099
· Maintain management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures
· Maintain historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records
· Maintain employee benefits programs
· Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements
· Perform other related duties as required
Successful candidate will have/be:
· Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance or related field experience.
· Excellent knowledge of accounting operations attained through 5+ years of progressive work experience.
· Strong analytical, communication, team-building, and collaboration skills.
· Knowledge of healthcare benefit plans and HR regulations
· Experience managing finances for both for-profit and non-profit (501c3) businesses
· Professional QuickBooks experience a MUST!
· Proficiency in Microsoft (Word, Excel & Outlook)
· Strong analytical, problem solving skills, decision-making skills
· Strong communication and excellent written skills
· Detail-oriented, highly organized and able to work independently and as a team member.
· Flexible likes a challenge and learns quickly
· Punctual with deadlines.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to Chief Operations Officer. Please include " Finance and Human Resources Manager" and your name in the subject line.
Be the change Consulting is dedicated to developing people of color, immigrants, women, LGBTQ+ folks and those in other protected minority groups. Persons in those groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Desired Hire Date, Jan 2020 - Position Open Until Filled!
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
We work with organizations to shift organizational culture and programmatic practices through experiential learning, hands-on coaching, curriculum development and dynamic facilitation.
Be the Change Consulting provides high quality learning experiences and consulting for organizations to reach their creative potential. We do this through an intentional process that connects core values to organizational outcomes while providing research-based strategies, experiential learning techniques, and live coaching on real issues. Our solutions engage clients in creative problem-solving, provide alignment to research and best practices, and offer strategies to institutionalize organizational change.
Our solutions engage clients in creative problem-solving, provide alignment to research and best practices, and offer strategies to institutionalize organizational change.
Our approach brings to life the following learning and implementation principles:
We teach by being and doing.
We use facilitation strategies that practitioners can replicate with youth. Our rich learning environments captivate multiple learning styles, provoke curiosity, and leverage cultural relevance to motivate learning.
We promote cascading leadership.
Strong practices start at the top of an organization and flow throughout to every member of the team. Organizations with clearly defined and aligned organizational practices have higher rates of retention and staff development – so that staff are supported to learn and grow.
We combine theory with practice.
Our work is backed by both research and field-tested experience. Instead of teaching through presentation and lectures , we promote self-discovery and group dialogue to activate curiosity and co-construct meaning—to ultimately combine passion with precision.
We pilot, incubate, evaluate, then sustain.
We simultaneously build ideas on paper while testing in the field. This allows for a continuous refinement as we experiment with new ideas, incorporate feedback from stakeholders, and listen to the voices of those most often left out when ideas are being born. This creates tailored solutions that are welcomed by communities.