Location: Confidential address in San Francisco Compensation:
Full Time, exempt, $75,000 - $85,000 depending on years of experience related to essential duties and responsibilities. Generous health benefits and vacation package.
The Associate Director plays a critical role in overseeing AWS’s funding and programs, and advancing AWS’s strategic goals and priorities. Working in conjunction with and reporting to the Executive Director, the Associate Director will have largely internal but also external facing responsibilities, ranging from grants development and management, program oversight and administration, to leadership and board relations. The Associate Director position is situated within the Grants, Reporting, and Fundraising and Finance (GRAFF) team and regularly works across both grants and client service teams to ensure the implementation of high-quality programs and services.
Founded in 1988, Asian Women’s Shelter (AWS) is a dynamic non-profit organization dedicated to ending domestic violence and promoting the social, economic and political self-determination of women and all survivors of violence and oppression. AWS is recognized as a local, regional, and national leader in its field, known for its commitment to shared leadership, building effective collaborations, and movement-based services and cultural change work. Learn more about the Asian Women’s Shelter at www.sfaws.org.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Grants Development and Management 40%
Program Oversight 35%
Leadership, Communications and Board Relations 10%
Management and Fiscal Support 10%
General Shelter Support and Program Development 5%
Special ADA Requirements
● Asian Women’s Shelter is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.
● For the purposes of ADA, the “Responsibilities” and “Qualifications” are essential job functions for this position.
● The work environment includes settings of an office environment, shelter home, and community places. The noise level in these settings is noisy.
● Both standing and sitting are required, with at least one or more hour each day of the job time spent sitting and using a computer keyboard.
● Various types of equipment/supplies are used to accomplish the job requirements and include, but are not limited to, pens, pencils, calculators, computer keyboards, telephones, printers, etc.
● Ability and valid California driver’s license to drive personal or AWS auto to provide services and to travel to other sites for meetings, conferences, etc. is preferred.
To Apply: If you meet the qualifications described herein, please submit your resume/cover letter, and complete the questionnaire using the link provided:
Asian Women’s Shelter is an equal opportunity employer.
Founded in 1988, Asian Women’s Shelter (AWS) is a dynamic non-profit organization dedicated to ending domestic violence and human trafficking and promoting the social, economic and political self-determination of women and all survivors of violence. AWS provides comprehensive programs and services in over forty languages through its “Direct Service” (DS) programs, including a 24-hour shelter program and crisis line, Multilingual Access Model, Queer Asian Women and Transgender Support Program, and Arab Women’s Services Program. AWS’s “Community Building” (CB) programs change values, practices, systems and policies through grassroots mobilization, systems reform, and inter-organizational community and capacity building. “Support of Communities and Services” (SOCS) programs empower community members and engage them as trained volunteers and multi-lingual, multi-cultural advocates and agents for change. AWS upholds all program areas with an organizational foundation comprised of 1) dedicated board, staff, volunteers, on-call language advocates and community members; 2) sound fiscal, personnel and administrative management; and 3) its Organizational Development (OD) work area. More information can be found at www.sfaws.org.
11-50 team members
Culture & Perks