Oakwood School in Morgan Hill, CA is seeking a High School Art Instructor: Levels Beginning through Advanced Placement. At Oakwood School, everything we do reflects a more intentional education that shapes the growth of confident, engaged, thoughtful, high-achieving young people.
• Work in partnership with other teachers, educators, parents, and specialists to develop and deliver curriculum.
• Plan lessons that include, but not are limited to: drawing, painting, photography.
• Plan, supervise, and implement art curriculum.
• Demonstrate knowledge, skills, and ability to provide instruction to encourage creativity, positivity, and self-expression.
• Work and communicate effectively with parents in formal and informal conferences, written reports, newsletters, and other school approved channels.
• Support and follow school policies and procedures.
• Be a positive and contributing member of the Oakwood community.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Passion for art and working with upper school students and their families.
• Previous experience as a teacher.
• Advanced degree helpful.
• Digital/Photography experience a plus.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Personable and warm demeanor with high academic expectations.
The school offers competitive compensation based on prior experience, education, and position requirements. Medical, vision, dental, life, long-term disability, and retirement benefits are offered.
Additional information about Oakwood School is available at our website
Email resume (preferred method)
or mail to:
105 John Wilson Way
Morgan Hill, CA 95037
The Oakwood School is an independent, non-sectarian, college preparatory school for grades Pre-K-12 that seeks to prepare its students to live produOur faculty provides authentic, inquiry-based learning experiences and facilitates engaging, interactive, student-centered learning. 21st century learning skills form the foundation of the programs in all disciplines: critical thinking and problem solving, collaboration, agility and adaptability, effective oral and written communication, initiative and entrepreneurialism, assessing and analyzing information, and curiosity and imagination. Technology is integrated into the curriculum and the learning process. Students employ a comprehensive set of digital applications and tools to create, communicate, collaborate, and demonstrate their growing understanding of the world around them. Oakwood graduates students who are self-directed, lifelong learners, and responsible global citizens.ctively in our 21st century global society.