Children's Community Center (CCC) is a parent-teacher cooperative preschool located in North Berkeley. In operation since 1927, CCC offers a year-round, play-based program run by a professional teaching staff and managed by parents. CCC thrives on a supportive community of teachers, parents, and children working in partnership with one another. Please visit www.cccpreschool.org for more information about our program and history.
CCC is looking for a loving, energetic, and creative teacher to join our afternoon program on a part-time basis.
- Supervise and engage children during the afternoon program in child-initiated and organized activities, encouraging peer interaction as well as helping with problem solving and conflict resolution.
- Assist teacher-director with implementation of the day’s projects and activities, with an eye toward fostering children’s spontaneity, curiosity, and choice.
- Collaborate with participating parents to support a well-balanced, rich, and varied learning environment for children as they grow their capacity for self-expression and social connection through exploration and play.
- Applicants must have at least 12 ECE units.
- At least one year of experience working with preschool children necessary.·
- Current fingerprint and health clearances required upon hire.
- Bilingual abilities are a plus.
HOURS AND COMPENSATION
- Shifts between 11:30a-3:30/5:30p, Monday through Friday·
- $21.00+ per hour based on qualifications, with full benefits.
Please send resume, cover letter, and materials to: email@example.com
CCC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.