EveryChild California, formally the California Child Development Administrators Association (CCDAA), is a statewide organization that provides and develops leadership that supports publicly funded early care and education programs in California.
The Program Assistant position is someone who is self-motivated and can work at times with minimal direction. The candidate must be able to work well in a small, fast-paced environment and be willing to complete a wide variety of tasks. Attention to detail, ability to juggle many tasks with accuracy and speed, prioritize and meet deadlines a must.
EveryChild California needs someone who is motivated, excellent at communication, who never wants to stop learning, and who wants to learn more about our cause.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide administrative support including welcoming visitors, receiving incoming calls, and providing information to callers, you are the public’s first interaction.
• Opens the office daily, checks answering machine and returns calls. Responds to all telephone and electronic (fax and email) inquiries or expedites messages to appropriate departments as needed.
• Responsible for processing registrations and following up with attendees regarding additional information, payment options as needed. Coordinates non-member communication with Membership head and tracks registration totals on a weekly basis.
• Responsible for monitoring, tracking and ordering supplies for office, including but not limited to kitchen essentials, copy machine ink, stamps, shipping products etc, including decorating office for holidays.
• Maintains membership database. This includes data entry of new contacts in the database, and responsible for quality control of profiles.
• Provides additional administrative duties including setting up conference calls, photocopying, faxing, mailing and other tasks as assigned.
• Responsible for general office upkeep, cleaning kitchen as needed, watering plants, setting up and cleaning for meetings as needed.
• Responsible for assisting in preparation and compiling materials for meetings, trainings and conferences, including but not limited to nametags, registrations sheets and mailing materials.
• Takes notes and minutes as needed for internal and committee meetings. Organizes action items into our project management software.
• Maintains a community calendar of events to identify state and sister organization trainings, meetings and conferences.
• Provides a weekly website audit report to ensure accuracy of information to Professional Development Coordinator.
• Maintains the “unsubscribe” listserv.
Mission Growth and Support:
• Provides a bi-monthly report to the Director of Policy and Education highlighting possible new sponsor relationships.
• Provides a bi-monthly report to the Director of Professional Development and Innovations highlighting possible new funding opportunities.
• Distributes LOIs and additional communications as directed.
• Supports list-serves and social media as directed.
Other Duties to Support the Strategic Direction of the Association as Assigned.
• There is room for growth for the right candidate.
• Strong customer service skills and experience, including excellent organizational, time management, interpersonal, detail orientation, and written and verbal communication skills.
• Promptness, reliability, sound judgment, reliable job attendance essential.
• Bachelor’s or Associate degree preferred. Minimum of two to three years’ work experience in a relevant area such as administrative/secretarial assistance or other general administration, preferably in a non-profit environment.
• Demonstrated computer proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint etc. Internet search skills. Familiarity with database management programs as well as ability to learn new programs and software.
• Demonstrated ability to write at a professional level, appropriate to the caliber of our Association’s work.
• Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment and initiative, to prioritize, and accurately complete multiple tasks and work under deadlines and changing priorities required.
• Ability to work a modified/extended-hour schedule during event planning and execution.
• Experience/familiarity with nonprofit organizations a plus.
• A desire to support and grow our mission, to educate and inspire leadership in publicly funded early learning and care programs across the state.
• Competitive Hourly Rate - $16-$18 per hour.
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• 401K plan with Company Contribution
• Paid Vacation and Sick Time
• Paid Holidays
How to apply for this position:
• Submit a cover letter of interest
• Submit your resume and 3 references
• Please email this cover letter with your resume as an attachment no later than 5:00 pm, Friday, January 24, 2020.
Submissions without both of these items will not be considered.
Welcome to EveryChild California
For over 75 years, our organization has been providing and developing leadership and education opportunities that support publicly funded early care and education programs for children from birth to 13 and their families. As times have changed, so have we. The time has come to update our name identity from the California Child Development Administrators Association (CCDAA) to better reflect the work that we do and why we exist.
Our name, EveryChild California, represents our comprehensive approach to early childhood education and learning. EveryChild California advocates for publicly funded early care and education programs across the state, by supporting the development of the child's social, emotional and intellectual well being, all while in a safe and high quality learning environment. Become a part of our association of leaders advancing early learning by becoming a member today!