The Treasure Island Sailing Center (TISC), is a 501 c (3) non-profit community sailing center located on San Francisco Bay. We provide accessible and affordable sailing to the SF Bay Community and are looking for people with a passion for teaching and a desire to be a part of our team!
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
· Strongly committed to the mission of Community Sailing
· USCG Captains License, US Sailing Basic Keelboat Instructor Certificate, Level 1 US Sailing Certification or equivalent, (candidates with no certifications will be considered based on experience)
· Strong background and Advanced sailing skills in multiple types of sailing platforms and experience instructing. Racing experience is a huge plus!
· Self-motivated with a desire to help our program succeed
· Classes are primarily taught on J/24’s, RS Ventures, Vanguard 15’s and Lasers.
· Great with people, good work ethic, professional, patient, and self-motivated · Willing to work weekends
· CPR/First Aid/AED current
Part-Time: Hours would be 9-5 on Saturdays and Sundays. One-Two weekend commitment per month.
Courses Taught: Social Sailing League, US Sailing Basic Keelboat Certification, Advanced Keelboat, Heavy Air Clinic, Adult Dinghy, and Private Lessons.
Boat Use: Equal to the number of days worked. Use of sailboat fleet upon check out and availability. Unlimited use of kayaks and paddleboards based on availability.
Pay: Commensurate with experience.
Training: Provided. US Sailing Basic Keelboat and other Certifications are a plus. This is one of the premier sailing venues in the world and boasts an incredible view of San Francisco. If interested, check us out on Facebook and send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We create opportunities for people to learn and grow through sailing by providing facilities, sailing instruction, and access to the water for people of all socio-economic backgrounds, abilities and skill levels from novice to Olympian.
If you love to sail then this is the job for you! We are a close team of sailing professionals who find joy in teaching others. As a staff member you have full use of our equipment.
1-10 team members
Culture & Perks