General Duties and Responsibilities
- Organizing rooms appropriately to enable residents and staff to move around safely.
- Organizing resident closets to ensure the items are in the correct closet, labelled, and are stored properly.
- Organizing bedside stand to ensure items are separated appropriately, labelled as needed, and available to residents.
- Replacing missing and consumable items such as toothpaste, brush, comb, etc.
- Restocking supplies in rooms with appropriate healthcare items such as gloves, gowns, disposable briefs and pads, etc.
- Preparing and setting up residents’ clothing for dressing by the Certified Nurse Assistant.
- Other duties as requested and/or assigned.
- Visiting, engaging and providing companionship with residents in socialization activities such as reading, writing letters, etc.
- Distributing personal mail.
- Conversing with residents to provide encouragement and social atmosphere for eating and drinking fluids.
Assistance with Meal Service
- Distributing meal trays to dining areas or resident rooms after Licensed Nurse has checked for accuracy. The Licensed Nurse will verify the correct prescribed diet.
- Performing basic meal set ups as directed by nursing staff such as opening containers, pouring beverages, placing food and utensils within residents’ reach, etc.
- Obtaining any missing food items, utensils, or adaptive equipment as directed or requested by nursing staff.
- Removing trays after nursing staff has observed and documented percentage of meal consumed.
- Cleaning dining room as needed.
Making Unoccupied Beds
- Making and cleaning unoccupied beds using appropriate protocols.
- Disposing and safe handling of soiled linen using appropriate infection control procedures.
- Accompanying residents to medical appointments and wheeling residents to activities, dining rooms, etc. Only nursing staff shall transfer resident from bed or chair, position resident in chair, apply postural support, or make wheelchair adjustments.
Safety Monitoring of Smoking Patio
- Monitoring residents who are allowed to smoke to ensure safety.
- Documenting residents’ episodes of smoking and report to Charge Nurse immediately for any identified unsafe practices and behavior.
- Presenting professional image to our consumers through appropriate dress code, behavior and speech.
- Adhering to company/facility standards for resolving concerns.
- Ensuring patient/resident rights are protected.