PLEASE EMAIL RESUME
Job Summary: Participate in the preparation, cooking, and artistic presentation of a variety of items on a daily basis. Maintain quality and perform tasks quickly and efficiently.
· Maintain all Sanitation and Safety Standards daily.
· Insure all checklists and logs are done each day.
· Maintain all prep lists and pull sheets for kitchen operation.
· Work with Shift lead on completion of accurate prep lists and cleaning lists.
· Work with all staff on maintaining preventative maintenance schedules.
· Give input on how line should be set up, flow of service and storage of small wares.
· Maintain an accurate knowledge of inventory and stock management.
· Keep an accurate order list up to date on the order board
· Actively control waste and innovate new ways to prevent waste as a cost control measure.
· Maintain all the quality control standards of each food item, by following recipes and ensuring presentation standards are met for each item that leaves the kitchen.
· Keep a professional appearance and attitude while on property.
Qualifications / Requirements:
· Skillful cooks with a minimum of (2) years experience in fine or casual fine dinning.
· Clear understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment, and procedures. Must be able to work all stations (sauté, garde manger, and grill.)
· Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
· Familiar with industry’s best practices
· Must have a great work ethic, good attendance, and reliable transportation.
· Must be able to complete tasks that involve bending over, standing for long periods of time, squatting, lifting items up to 50 pounds.
· Work in a fast-paced environment
If you don't know who Dave Reiss is, and you're a friend for the underground icons of the L.A. scene, then you've most likely crashed 1 or 2 of his parties in the past two decades. Through his friendships, ingenuity and instincts as a DJ, he went from opening Swingers on Beverly to Red, Sugar, The Brig and half a dozen other properties -- which isn't too bad for a kid who got his start churning ice cream at Swenson's in Westlake. In '09, he opened Sunny Spot to much acclaim. Today, Sunny Spot has become a neighborhood joint for all people to gather, relax, and share some great food & drinks.