Wage: 15.50 to 20.00 per hour
Job Type: Part-time
Schedule: Afternoons, Evenings, Optional Weekends
Who We Are:
· We specialize in one-to-one therapy for students diagnosed with dyslexia and other learning and attention challenges.
· Using a variety of techniques, we help students become truly confident and independent learners by addressing the underlying processing skills such as auditory and visual processing, sensory-motor integration, and logic and reasoning to support academic skills such as: reading, spelling, writing, and math skills.
This Career Opportunity:
· This position is an excellent fit for students enrolled in the field of educational therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, mindfulness practice, music and art therapy and/or individuals vested in these fields who are looking to expand their practice.
Description of Duties:
· Has a growth mindset around learning
· Believes in developing life-long-learning skills and a love of learning
· Possesses strong written communication skills.
· Able to assess students and determine priority of goals for individual students.
· Able to compose and implement lesson plans for assigned students.
· Able to learn quickly and generalize knowledge to all areas of instruction.
· Be a problem solver.
· Be flexible.
· Able to communicate positively and effectively with students, parents, teachers, network providers, vendors, and coworkers.
· Able to attend weekly staff meetings.
· Good office management skills such as: strong keyboarding, organization, and preparation of curriculum.
· Flexible Hours
· Rate of pay is competitive and commensurate with experience.
· Bonuses based on performance reviews.
· Opportunity for advancement based on performance review.
· Extensive on the job training. Supervision provided weekly by Educational Therapy Provider.
· On the job training.
· Hours flexible and range from 15 to 25 hours per week.
· If interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We strongly urge all applicants to peruse our website prior to applying for this position at www.lyonlearning.com
At Lyon Learning Center we work on the underlying processing skills that build support academic learning. We want every student to reach his and her maximum potential and our progressive programs are designed to meet them at their level. We are looking for dynamic individuals who are interested in applying programs that are rooted in the neuroplasticity and growth mindset models.
Culture & Perks