The Alliance for Children’s Rights protects the rights of children in poverty, and those overcoming abuse and neglect by delivering free legal services, supportive programs, and systemic solutions. Our lawyers, advocates, and social workers, together with hundreds of pro bono attorneys and community volunteers, ensure that children and youth who are at-risk or in foster care have safe, stable homes and can access the education, healthcare, and financial supports that they need. Since 1992, we have served over 150,000 children and young adults in Los Angeles County.
Charity Navigator has awarded the Alliance its highest 4-star rating for the past nine years in a row. This puts the Alliance in the top 2% of charities in the U.S. rated by Charity Navigator. The 4-star rating reflects the Alliance’s sound fiscal management and commitment to accountability and transparency. The Alliance is well known in the child welfare community for its knowledge, expertise, and accomplishments.
The Alliance for Children's Rights seeks a talented Membership Manager to lead and grow our organization’s membership programs, in particular, the Alliance of Moms.
The Alliance of Moms (AOM) is a membership-based group that advances the work of the Alliance for Children’s Rights through philanthropy and volunteer engagement. It is a community of volunteers who gathered together to help break the intergenerational cycle of foster care by providing support for young parents in foster care and their children. AOM members are critical to our work. They provide resources needed to power our Healthy Teen Families program, which provides legal and social services, case management, education and policy-reform advocacy for expecting and parenting foster youth throughout Los Angeles County.
Reporting to the Chief Development Officer and working closely with the Director of Communications and AOM volunteer leadership, the Membership Manager will develop and execute AOM’s fundraising and membership engagement strategies and be directly responsible for the management of all data and processes related to membership recruitment and retention. The Manager will also oversee the operations and logistics of all member engagement and fundraising events.
Candidate must have excellent relationship management and organizational skills, be entrepreneurial and self-motivating, have good communication and presentation skills, be innovative, creative and adaptable and be comfortable working with donors, volunteers, staff and the Board of Directors. Candidates also must be passionate about supporting young parents and children's rights and well-being, and able to promote the work and events of the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Act as key point of contact with members - fostering strong relationships and coordinating partnership opportunities - through print, electronic and social communications; educational programs; volunteer opportunities and fundraising events
• Build membership base, developing and implementing plans to recruit, re-engage, retain, and steward membership with regular communications, appeals, unique volunteer opportunities, and exclusive invitations
• In coordination with the CDO, facilitate and support relationships with AOM founders, members, brand partners, and celebrity ambassadors
• Develop and execute fundraising strategies to meet revenue goals
• Manage all membership data, tracking, databases, and reports including:
o Updating and maintaining membership records
o Managing recruitment and retention tracking and reports
o Collecting and analyzing current, new and potential membership information
o Compiling, analyzing and providing reports on membership composition and trends for staff, volunteer leadership and the Board of Directors
• Manage and execute a sophisticated and compelling communications strategy on the benefits of membership, including access to enriching programs, fulfilling volunteer opportunities, and mission-driven messages about the impact of philanthropy
• In coordination with Director of Communications: facilitate collateral materials production and distribution, including e-newsletters, save the dates, invitations, evites and event program materials; develop content and execute on all social media platforms; develop and update website content; archive and organize templates, photos, press, etc.
• Oversee and manage the logistics of membership events and meetings, including membership events, educational programs with ACR clients, and internal planning meetings with staff and AOM volunteer leadership, including:
o Invitations, RSVPs, and registration
o Day-of coordination and follow-up
o Volunteer coordination
o Venue details
o Program logistics
• Articulate guidelines for third party event fundraising opportunities and partnership opportunities
• Create and maintain budgets and expense reports
• At least three years of experience in membership, volunteer or constituent management position
• Experience with fundraising campaign and strategy development and implementation
• Familiarity with trends and best practices in managing membership groups and/or annual giving programs
• Strong interpersonal verbal and written communication skills
• Working knowledge of administrative and office procedures
• Proficient knowledge of office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Dropbox, and expertise in use of the Internet, Social Media and e-mail. Experience with SquareSpace, Raiser’s Edge, and MailChimp
• Ability to work independently, take responsibility, prioritize work, complete tasks on time, perform multiple tasks simultaneously and adhere to deadlines
• Highly detail-oriented with a critical degree of accuracy regarding data entry and analysis, including financial and statistical record-keeping skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, team-oriented, including communicating and working well with team members
• Ability to maintain a professional social media presence
• Open to feedback, resourceful and flexible
• Ability to anticipate what is needed for the organization
• Committed and enthusiastic about the organization’s mission and programs, and understand the needs of the youth, Alliance of Moms members, donors, and celebrities
• Straightforward, self-motivated, and diplomatic, sharing information readily
• Ability to author and accurately proofread documents and correspondence
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to attend evening and weekend events
• Higher education degree required
The Alliance for Children’s Rights believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities and does not discriminate against its employees or applicants because of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, or marital status.
The above statements are of a general nature and are intended to describe the level of work being performed. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties of the position.
The Alliance for Children's Rights offers a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. For more information about the Alliance of Moms visit http://allianceofmoms.org.
TO APPLY: Submit a resume, along with a cover letter to: email@example.com
(E-mail submissions only/no phone inquiries)
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only select, qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.
The Alliance for Children’s Rights protects the rights of impoverished, abused and neglected children and youth. Our lawyers, advocates and social workers, together with hundreds of pro bono attorneys and community volunteers, ensure that children who are at-risk or in foster care have safe, stable homes and can access the education, healthcare, and financial supports that they need. We also help transition-age youth overcome barriers to their stability and success, and we work statewide to improve child welfare practices and policies in order to remove the many obstacles that our clients face. Since 1992, we have helped over 150,000 children.
Charity Navigator has awarded the Alliance its highest 4-star rating for the past nine years in a row. This puts the Alliance in the top 2% of charities in the U.S. rated by Charity Navigator. The 4-star rating reflects the Alliance’s sound fiscal management and commitment to accountability and transparency.
The Alliance is well known in the child welfare community for its knowledge, expertise, and accomplishments. Alliance staff members and our partnering pro bono attorneys are advocates for our most vulnerable children and their caregivers. Being the voice of young people who often have no voice, and otherwise could be forgotten, is incredibly rewarding.
11-50 team members
Culture & Perks