This is the perfect job for someone who is looking for part-time work in the field of early education! Our play-based preschool offers a very nurturing environment and we are looking for friendly, caring, responsible teachers.
Under the supervision of the Preschool Supervisor, the Teacher will provide supervision to children enrolled in the preschool program; help plan and implement age-appropriate curriculum for children; establish and maintain supportive relationships with children and parents; and other related duties as assigned.
Key Roles (Essential Job Responsibilities):
- Helps Supervisor plan and implement age appropriate curriculum, activities, and events for program year.
- Provides continuous supervision of children in day-to-day activities as teacher; ensures health and safety of children.
- Maintains preschool program rooms and play areas in a clean, orderly and safe manner; sets up rooms and areas for various activities, cleans up rooms and activities at end of program.
- Monitors behavioral patterns and assists with assessment and child development profiles.
- Communicates any situations, issues or concerns to Preschool Supervisor.
- Communicates and keeps parents informed of any developments with their child.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Participates in special programs and/or events as requested by management such as Open Houses.
- May be required to participate in the organization and maintenance of program equipment and facility.
- Maintains open communication and a positive relationship with other staff, parents, teachers and other school personnel.
- Completes accident or incident reports when appropriate, according to company procedures.
- Appropriately communicate concerns or issues with immediate supervisor as they arise.
- Completion of twelve (12) units of Early Childhood Education (ECE) courses (core classes) preferred but not required
- Ability to motivate youth and manage behavior
- Ability to interact and communicate with others effectively (written and verbal)
- Ability to interact positively with the general public
- Ability to plan and implement quality programs for youth with a knowledge of age appropriate enrichment activities
- Pre-employment Tuberculosis and Live Scan screenings required
- Mandatory CPR and First Aid Certifications. Ability to perform CPR and first aid techniques.
- Must be able to perform physical activities such as but not limited to: lifting or carrying children or heavy items (up to 40 lbs.) unassisted, reaching, bending, standing, or walking.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, twist, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply, please send in resume and completed application to Marinwood Community Center.
Applications can be found here: http://www.marinwood.org/about-us/employment.