At Anchor Meditation, we provide you with the tools and space to let down your guard and go within your soul. Our teachers modernize the ancient wisdom of meditation in ways that it can be practically utilized to enhance every aspect of your life. We know that by living with intention we are able to elevate both our own lives and those around us.
We help people experience a beautiful way of being. In the present moment, we recognize that happiness is our nature, and we are the primary makers of our own happiness.
- Live from the heart.
- Create a sacred space.
- Be a Human Being not a Human Doing.
- Choose to see the beauty.
- Anchor to the present moment.
- Accept what life is showing you
- Know that there is a Benevolent Intelligence always guiding you
- We are not your Guru, You are your YOU-RU
Summary of the role:
The Studio Manager is responsible for managing the day to day staff, students, teachers, and classes. The studio manager plays a key role in leading the studio to high performance by embodying the company’s key values, leading by example and rolling up their sleeves and getting their hands dirty in order to get the job done. Computer proficiency, collaboration, and mindfulness are a necessity! We value honesty, integrity, creativity, hard work, flexibility, and a joyful spirit.
- MindBody Online Manager Certification
- Operating systems (Windows and MacOS)
- Office suites (Microsoft Office, G Suite)
- Spreadsheets (Excel, Google Spreadsheets, etc.)
- Communication and collaboration tools (Slack, Skype, etc.)
- Competent Computer Proficiencies
- 2+ years in team management
- Quickly identify, troubleshoot and resolve problems
- Excellent verbal written and communication skills
- High energy and ability to motivate and manage any personality type
- Can articulate clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations
- Flexible schedule - ability to help out when needed
- You take your work seriously, but not yourself
- Ability to work weekends and evenings
- Maintain operational flow
- Drive performance in the company’s Key Performance Indicators
- Recruit, interview, and train new team members
- Manage staff
- Constantly improve - we are committed to constantly getting better
- Creatively solve problems and adapt to an ever-evolving environment
- Onboarding, payroll, scheduling, safety, inventory, purchasing, supply chain, training
- Clearly, communicate with partners, the owner, and staff.
Leadership - Support Staff
- Coordinate and lead weekly, monthly and quarterly staff meetings. Create an agenda for our weekly meeting and assist with scheduling monthly staff meetings.
- Drive revenue and target goals for the studio (e.g. classes, privates, retail, training/workshop as required.)
- Collaborate with the founder and staff on studio promotions, class types, teacher feedback, and other events to create relevant programming and marketing.
- Ensure all compliance and company policies/procedures are executed. Act as an ambassador for company products and services in the community.
- Other duties required to help the organization meet its goals.
Student Interaction - Customer Experience
- Provide an outstanding customer experience and help reduce attrition and increase retention through active interactions as appropriate and through leading by example.
- Actively support students and direct staff to do the same to finding appropriate classes to meet their personal goals and within schedules, answering their questions (or find the answers to questions if not known), always offering support and guidance.
- Check students into class/workshop/etc through MindyBody Online when needed, completing all paperwork/forms as appropriate.
- Oversee all billing issues (contracts, cancellations, freezes, failed credit cards, etc)
- Welcome and nurture all visitors according to our Customer Experience models; manage staff, answer telephone and emails promptly and courteously.
- Manage day to day facility operations such as supply fulfillment/replenishment and retail product replenishment
- Manage day to day Front Desk Operations such as greeting and signing in customers, answering phone calls and effectively communicating promotions, pricing, offerings, and events.
- Establish and facilitate regular meetings with the front desk staff, as well as ongoing training.
- Participate in regular meetings with partners.
- Interface with visiting speakers and teachers for event logistics, promotion and scheduling purposes.
Sales & Marketing
- Be knowledgeable about our products/programs, competitive products/programs and pricing to actively promote and market ours.
- Accountable for generating leads, soliciting referrals and meeting individual monthly sales goals (revenue and units) and helping the team meet its goals for a combined studio goal. Sales include class packs/memberships, retail, and ancillary products as outlined each year.
- Effectively market and sell our products via telephone, grassroots efforts, in-studio tours, etc.
- Establish external relationships/partnerships within the community. Develop community events and conduct grassroots marketing efforts to raise awareness and drive traffic to the studio.
- Update MindBody Online with teacher subs/class changes promptly.
- Enter new pricing options, sales, discounts, codes, invoicing, etc. in MindBody Online.
- New member contracts in MindBody Online.
- Order of supplies and work with vendors.
- Keep studio supplied with “special touches” such as fruit for the water and fresh plants/flowers.
- Oversee studio maintenance and cleaning.