Job Title: Office Assistant
Program: JCYC College Access Programs
Compensation: $16.50 per hour, 15-25 hours per week
Tentative Start Date: January 2020
JCYC's College Access Programs assists, supports and motivates low-income, first-generation college bound youth to persist from middle school to high school, graduate from high school and enroll in college. For more information, visit www.jcyccollegeaccess.org.
The Office Assistant will report directly to the Associate Director and will work closely with the Database Coordinator and support direct service staff. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Organize, maintain, and update program participant files.
• Assist in reviewing program participant files for accuracy.
• Assist Educational Advisors with organizing and compiling student file documents.
• Assist with clerical and office duties as needed.
• Education: Minimum AA degree OR currently enrolled a BA/BS degree.
• Minimum 1-2 years administrative or clerical experience required.
• Demonstrate strong communication, organizational, and follow-through skills.
• Must be detail-oriented, flexible, and can work effectively in a team setting.
• Prefer individuals similar to target population (low-income & first in their families to attend college).
How to Apply
Applicants MUST submit ALL of the following: 1) Cover Letter, 2) Resume, and 3) 2-3 Professional References. Contact Email: ApplyCollegeAccess AT jcyc.org Attn: Office Assistant Position. Please no phone calls.
PLEASE NOTE: Educational Talent Search and SFCAC, programs of JCYC, actively seek to hire and promote individuals, recruit volunteers and provide services to individuals without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religious creed, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, or presence of non-job related conditions or disabilities. All employees of the JCYC participate in a criminal background investigation. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
JCYC’s mission is to cultivate and enrich the lives of children and youth from diverse, multi-cultural communities throughout San Francisco and beyond. Through a continuum of services, JCYC programs can support children and youth from the time they start pre-school until they are ready to move onto college. In addition to providing direct services, JCYC has also organized and continues to lead some of the largest and most successful youth collaborations in San Francisco.
Culture & Perks