We are a family owned and operated mid-sized food manufacturing facility in Santa Clara California looking for a Quality Control Technician.
Position will involve assisting the Quality Manager with day to day activities relating to food safety and quality, record tracking including but not limited to inspection verifications, and ensuring GMP compliance. The QC Technician will perform QC checks, assist with documentation, and support compliance needs.
Responsibilities include (Other duties may be assigned):
· Responsible for verification of monitoring of Preventative Controls and CCPs.
· Responsible for monitoring product food safety and quality throughout the manufacturing process
· Responsible for performing sanitation verification and allergen testing on equipment and other areas required.
· Works with the QA team to collect environmental samples.
· Responsible for monitoring the correct recording and filing of all relevant record logs and Documentation.
· Ensures employees are following all Food Safety, GMP, and worker safety practices.
· Participates in educating employees on food safety and SQF standards.
· Collect product samples for Product Development, lab retains and the laboratory when directed.
· Perform inspections and participate in internal audits.
This position will be in the production area a good portion of the production day, ensuring that production crew adhere to the GMP’s, SOP’s, set procedures and newly adapted changes as needed for production quality control. Will also ensure that the implementation of corrective action by the production associates is done correctly.
Qualifications and Experience
· Associate degree required, bachelor’s degree in food science, biology or relevant science a plus
· HACCP certification and experience (required)
· PCQI certification or experience (preferred)
· Computer skills: MS Office (required)
· Quality Control: at least 1 year (required)
· Experience with inspection of food safety systems, meticulous attention to detail
· Experience with data recording and tracking
- Good Manufacturing Practices
- Product Quality Control
- Internal Audits
· Experience with Food Manufacturing industry required
· Spanish speaking strongly preferred
Sara Tidhar's mission has been to create a truly exceptional product and a truly exceptional workplace. It’s all part of Sara’s passion to create a company with a soul: a company that’s committed to the health and happiness of every employee, and one that creates products with love and integrity. You can taste her passion with every bite, and hear her commitment in every CRUNCH!
That's why we say "Celebrate Life Every Day