Request for Proposal Position: Campaign Manager
Duties: Manage National Voter Education and GOTV Campaign
Timeframe: January – November 2020
Apply by: January 31, 2020
Interfaith Power & Light inspires people of faith and conscience to take bold and just action on climate change. IPL is the largest interfaith grassroots organization in the country mobilizing on global warming.
Since our founding in the year 2000, IPL affiliates have been established in 40 states and the network has grown to reach 22,000 congregations of all major religions. IPL has developed impactful programs to help these congregations conserve energy, green their facilities, and teach and preach about global warming as a moral issue. Our advocacy campaigns mobilize hundreds of thousands of people of faith to engage in grassroots and direct lobbying to advance climate solutions at the local, state, and national levels.
In service of our mission, IPL plans a robust voter mobilization campaign to encourage people of faith to vote with climate and Creation in mind in 2020.
The salience of climate change is at a record high; voters are seeing the impacts of extreme weather events and they want their government to act. Religion is increasing in prominence among Democratic candidates who are brandishing their faith bona fides. IPL will leverage the importance of both our constituency and our issue to broadcast climate change as central to the values voters platform. Through this campaign congregations will turn out the faith vote by offering voter registration, hosting candidate forums, and holding poll parties the day of the election.
Goals With the support of a Campaign Manager IPL will:
• Work with funded state IPL affiliates to engage voters in their states in this campaign
• Secure 100,000 Faith Climate Voter Pledges
• Produce and distribute 500,000 values voter guides featuring climate and Creation care
• Inspire 500 sermons on the importance of voting
• Identify 250 congregations in our network that serve as polling places and inspire and equip them to host a poll party on election day
• Test our tactics in the primary for refinement/broader use in the general election
• Work with our development team to raise $250,000 toward the campaign
Qualifications An ideal campaign manager will:
• Have a successful track record managing GOTV campaigns • Have experience working collaboratively with a campaign committee to implement a successful campaign strategy
• Have experience fundraising for a campaign and managing a campaign budget
• Have experience creating quality printed campaign materials
• Have experience managing a nonpartisan campaign
• Be familiar with and motivated by the urgency of climate change
• Have experience working with faith communities
• Be based in the Bay Area (preferred)
How to apply: Please send a CV or Resume, list of references, and a 2-4 page proposal by January 31st to Ashaki Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org.
IPL envisions a stable climate where humans live in right and just relationship, interconnected with a healthy, thriving, natural world.
Interfaith Power & Light inspires and mobilizes people of faith and conscience to take bold and just action on climate change.
Values: What we hold most sacred
Because we embrace faith and spirituality, we are grounded in the interconnectedness of the sacred, the natural world, and one another.
Because we embrace justice, we act with inclusion and respect, working in solidarity with vulnerable and marginalized communities.
Because we embrace hope, we are empowered to live into our vision for the world for present and future generations.
Because we embrace courage, we speak with a prophetic voice to create equity and restore wholeness to all.
Because love is central to who we are, we are committed to ending the suffering caused by climate change.
We live this out by
Inspiring and engaging individuals, families, and faith and local communities to embody spiritual and societal transformation by reducing their greenhouse gas emissions while building a new relationship with Earth.
Mobilizing people of faith and conscience to advocate for just and equitable climate solutions at the local, state, and national levels.
Working collaboratively with the IPL national network, diverse partner organizations, and marginalized communities.
Modeling shared leadership and decision-making within our organization and our partnerships.
Focusing on our common values, broadly communicating the moral obligation to address the urgency of global warming.
We offer an inclusive and flexible work culture that embraces team work and values the contributions of all team members. We have a beautiful office and provide fair compensation and excellent benefits.
1-10 team members
Culture & Perks