Merryhill Midtown is looking for full and part-time candidates to join our before and after school program. The before & after school counselor implements creative and engaging programs for students in a safe, nurturing environment. This position participates collaboratively and professionally with other faculty and staff to promote the general well-being of the school, and collective/individual interest of the staff and student body.
Part time candidates should be available to work possible hours M-F from 3pm-6pm and/or 6:30am-8:30am.
Full time candidates hours would include M-F from 7am-8:30am, 11:45am-5:15pm.
· Serve as a Group Leader showing enthusiasm in actions and spirit while implementing lesson plans provided by the school.
· Lead and participate in a variety of activities that actively engage students, such as games, songs, sports, skits and special events and are aligned to the mission of the school.
· Supervise students at all times including transitions between activities so students are accounted for, are safe at all times and they know what is expected of them.
· Serve as a good example and role model to the students, and maintain and appropriate level of professionalism at all times.
· Aide students in developing self-confidence and a positive self-image by providing an environment of acceptance and support for each student.
· Give directions both verbally and visually, when appropriate by using correct grammar and a variation in voice and gestures.
· Provide time and attention equitably among all students while circulating freely and spontaneously around the classroom.
· Actively greet parents each day upon drop-off and pick-up times.
· Be knowledgeable of and comply with the school child disciplinary process.
· Responsible for the safety and well-being of each child in his/her group.
· Keep the group of children together and take frequent face to name checks.
· Maintain a physical environment (indoors and outdoors) which is safe, healthy, neat, attractive, clean, and appropriate for students and is conducive to having fun.
· Always know where each child in the group is at all times. One counselor should always be present to supervise the group; no child/children should be left unsupervised.
· Ensure that all daily attendance records are accurate and up to date.
· Complete all records and forms timely, accurately and neatly, including daily sheets.
· Maintains confidentiality regarding staff, children and families as well as SEG management and operations.
· The ability to adequately observe participant activities, enforce safety regulations and apply appropriate policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
· Minimum of 18 years old.
· High school diploma or GED required; one or more years of college preferred
· Prior experience working with children between the ages of Pre-K through 8th Grade.
· Must possess or be able to obtain certifications in CPR, First Aid and Advanced Lifesaving, where applicable.
· Strong communication and organizational skills.
· Genuine passion for and desire to work with children.
The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V encouraged to apply.*
We are part of Spring Education Group, a network of more than 230 private schools providing outstanding education for infants through 12th grade across the U.S., internationally and online.
Spring Education Group supports a wide range of schools and educational approaches, strengthening all by sharing our learnings and advancements in educational and operational practices. We seek to ensure superior academic and personal growth outcomes for students and to provide rewarding career opportunities for educators.