Looking to work in a high energy and fulfilling environment?
Learn And Play Montessori Schools are well-established preschools with multiple locations in the Bay Area. We are looking for an Assistant Director for one of our campuses in Fremont, California.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Assistant Director will assist the Site Supervisor/Director in managing the daily preschool/childcare operations;
• Responsible for maintaining compliance with state and federal regulations and licensing requirements;
• Acknowledges receipt of deficiency notices from various agencies and diligently corrects deficiencies that pose immediate threat to children's health and safety;
• Monitors, inspects and procures safety equipment and trains staff as needed;
• Ensures adequate staff are CPR and First Aid certified;
• Ensures academic program is conducted to school's established mission statement while in alignment with the needs of children and staff;
• Plans, directs, and monitors instructional methods and content of educational, vocational, or student activity programs;
• Collaborates with administrative staff to establish new policies and educational goals as needed to address needs;
• Conducts job interviews;
• Evaluates and develops program curriculum and modifies as appropriate;
• Responsible for identifying purchasing needs;
• Develops, promotes and maintains a positive image of Preschool;
• Ensures timely collections of tuition and fees to meet fiscal goals;
• Conducts routine staff meetings and coordinates parent meetings;
• Responsible for operations and be on premises during working hours;
• Directs activities of teachers, teachers' assistants, administrative staff and volunteers to foster strengthened teamwork environment, and encourages open-door policy;
• Conduct monthly fire and earthquake drills.
• Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. In addition, the individual must be punctual, have a good attendance record, and have reliable means of transportation to work.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills;
• Regularly communicate in a positive and effective manner with staff, children, and parents/guardians;
• Excellent leadership, organizational, and planning skills;
• Ability to adjust to changing schedules and priorities;
• In-depth knowledge of administrative management and related functions;
• Ability to solve practical problems, multi-task and establish effective priorities;
• Ability to accept criticism and react calmly and effectively with high stress situations;
• Assume a professional working relationship between children, staff, parents, and management;
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment;
• Adhere to highest standards of fairness and business ethics in the performance of duties and responsibilities;
• Effectively and efficiently execute duties with minimum direction to meet deadlines;
• Ability to read and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral or schedule format; and
• Requires a high degree of mutual trust and reliability; and
• Working knowledge of State Licensing Regulations.
• Must have a valid California Driver's License with a clean driving record, preferred;
• Must have reliable transportation, specifically a vehicle in good working condition, preferred;
• Current Pediatric CPR and First Aid certification, preferred;
• Must complete 16 hours of health and safety training;
• Must comply with guidelines under Title 22 for Child Care Centers;
• Must have TB tests and health screening to maintain good health and all required immunizations*;
• Any offer of employment is contingent upon the ability to pass a background check including, but not limited to, criminal background information as a condition of employment. Employer will ensure that all background checks are held in compliance with applicable state statutes Credit Reporting Act.
• Must undergo Mandated Reporter training and comply with all requirements; and
• Must sign a confidentiality and nondisclosure agreement.
Education and Experience:
• Minimum 3-5 Years of experience caring for preschoolers and managing an educational program in a licensed child care center or similar settings
• 15 semester units or equivalent quarter units in Early Childhood Education or in specific early childhood educations classes. 15 semesters include 3 in staff and administration, 12 units in child growth and development, and 4 in teaching
• Associate or Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, Child, Family and Community, Preschool Curriculum or related field is preferred.
Our schools offer Exceptional Benefits including: Paid Time Off, Paid Sick Leave, Paid Holiday's, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401K, Childcare Discount, Comprehensive Employee Assistance Program, and more.
Interested candidates please complete the online application.
We are a proud EOE and committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
Our mission at Learn And Play Montessori School is to inspire children to become self-confident and motivated individuals; we achieve this by providing the highest quality educational preschool, prek, kindergarten, after school programs and opportunities for each child to reach their highest potential.
Whether you are looking for a top Montessori School in Danville, a kindergarten or preschool program in Fremont, or a Dublin Montessori preschool, we have a campus for you. All of our Montessori school locations offer daycare / childcare as well as preschool and kindergarten levels of instruction. Indeed, our locations not only offer the best in Montessori instruction for your children but are "commute friendly" to folks who live anywhere from Alamo to San Ramon, Pleasanton to Walnut Creek, or San Ramon to Blackhawk.
Note that our newest Montessori School in Danville is enrolling now and offers the best in Danville preschool to Danville kindergarten, and we also offer childcare or daycare services for children 18 months to 6 years old. Please call to schedule a campus tour, today.
At LAPMS we know that learning is fun, therefore we strive to provide a well-rounded education and instill in our children a love for learning. The basic goals of education at all levels (even daycare or childcare as well as preschool or kindergarten) are to help increase the child's level of independence, to increase their ability to concentrate, and encourage imagination. Curriculum is presented by ability and not by age. Therefore, as students develop, Montessori Certified and Trained teachers present appropriate lessons and materials to support each child's growth and emerging capabilities.
For parents, students, and teachers, it will be a journey filled with joy, laughter, and friendship. Children's success here is not limited to academic mastery, they learn to care for themselves and care about others and the world in which they live. We are committed to a philosophy that fosters respect and compassion and honors the spirit of childhood. Children who benefit from such great beginnings have futures that are limitless