The Kitchen Assistant contributes to the success of a formaricopa store by inspiring customers on all points of their culinary journey. The Kitchen
customer or as directed by a manager.
• Assists with shopping for ingredients, class preparation or additional support as needed or directed by instructor.
• Washes dishes, cleans kitchen and preps kitchen for classes.
• Accurately records time worked according to SLT policy.
• Demonstrates exceptional verbal and written communication skills with employees, customers, field management and corporate office.
• May handle, serve, and pour liquor, wine and beer and/or mix ingredients, such as liquor, soda, water and etc. in order to prepare cocktails and other drinks.
• Additional responsibilities as assigned by Resident Chef.
• Ability to communicate verbally and work cooperatively with employees and customers.
• Ability to remain in a stationary position for up to 3 hours at a time.
•Ability to move about the work place coaching and directing class
participants or while selling to customers. • Ability to distinguish,
with a degree of accuracy, differences or similarities in intensity or
quality of flavors or odors, or recognizing particular flavors or odors
using tongue or nose.
• Ability to grab, reach, push, pull, bend,
stoop, kneel and crouch in order to demonstrate, retrieve and/or
replenish merchandise and/or cooking equipment.
• Ability to use
hands to seize, hold, grasp, turn, or otherwise in order to chop, whisk,
slice, stir, juice and/or demonstrate other techniques.
• Ability to work a varied schedule including nights and weekends as business dictates.
• Ability to operate a computer, POS system, keyboards, merchandise scanners and mouse in order to accomplish work.
• Regular and predictable attendance.
• Ability to ascend/descend ladders in order to retrieve and/or move merchandise.
• Ability to lift and/or move merchandise and/or kitchen equipment weighing up to 35 lbs.
•Environmental conditions: working with an open flame and/or other
heating units, and exposure to variation in kitchen temperature
Experience And Required Qualifications
• 1 year retail sales experience (preferred).
• 1 year food prep and/or kitchen operations experience (preferred).
• Valid Food Handlers and/or Food Managers Certification.
• Must be at least 21 years old.
• Familiarity with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
F.O.R. Maricopa Core Competencies For Everyone
• Focus on the Customer: You inspire and delight your customers.
• Be Genuine: Your communication style is respectful, effective and sincere.
• Make the Right Call: You effectively blend knowledge, experience, wisdom & decisive action.
• Take Ownership: You are committed, responsible and provide solutions.
• Achieve Results: You meet and exceed goals and expectations.
This job description represents a summary of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, may be part of the job. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. F.O.R. Maricopa has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice