Are you an entrepreneurial, fine wine lover with the ability to educate, sell and build a direct to consumer business? Join Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits as a Marketing Manager, Direct to Consumer!
As one of the most exciting new jobs in the world of fine wines, you will grow a winery mailing list, wine club, and online sales business, as well as act as a brand ambassador, educator and salesperson at events, driving brand awareness and club membership.
Working on two, fast-growing super premium wine brands, we are looking for an experienced direct to consumer entrepreneur who is passionate about wine, committed to growing a booming direct business, and with the experience to move quickly.
Who Are You?
- You have a Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of Marketing experience
- 3+ of experience on a DTC business with at least 1-2 years in Bev/Alc
- Live in San Francisco Bay area or New York Metro
- You have an impressive network of wine consumers and collectors
- You have the ability to work independently to build a database of potential DTC consumers
- Ability to provide top quality service and customer experiences
- Excellent organizational skills; and ability to manage multiple tasks in a timely and professional manner; proven ability to meet or beat deadlines
- Ability to problem-solve and achieve good solutions to daily challenges
- Analytical capabilities and financial acumen to track and assess business drivers, and deliver quality reports using Excel, inventory management systems, and CRM;
- Advanced writing and communication skills with a polished, professional presentation
- Committed to excellence and acute attention to detail
- Wine knowledge and familiarity with wine, food and tourism industry
- Knowledge of state wine shipping laws and regulations
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Courteous and professional telephone manners
- Flexibility to work different schedules/hours when necessary
- Professional demeanor and appearance
- Must be able to lift and carry 40 lbs.
What Will You Do?
- Drive exponential growth through new customer recruitment
- Grow Wine Club membership, developing promotional materials, offer letters and shipment schedules, monthly promotions, member events, transferring and tracking wines and member services
- Accountable for consumer database marketing and growth of E-commerce and Telesales business. Identify new, and optimize existing, consumer direct programs.
- Contribute to social media and online strategies and execution for both brands, including content development and publication, regular news updates and delivery of dynamic content
- Provide excellent customer service and collaborate well with management, ownership, the PR & Marketing team, and national sales team as needed
- Provide consumers with best-in-class wine experiences, with attention to detail on all consumer-facing interactions and promotional materials, creativity in presenting brand messages and the wines to consumers, and a focus on upscale experiences
- 20% travel required