• Prepares and serves specialty beverages, baked goods, and sandwiches to patrons.
• Provides clients with all the information on cafe's rewards and loyalty programs.
• Provides exceptional customer service in a fast-paced environment
• Welcoming customers, informing them about specials and new items, answering
questions and accepting orders and payments.
• Prepares and serves hot/cold beverages and foods.
• Cleans and sanitizes work areas, utensils, equipment and service and seating areas.
• Checks temperatures of freezers, refrigerators, and heating equipment to ensure
proper functionality and safety.
• Describes menu items to customers or suggests products that might appeal to them.
• Provides customers with product details, such as coffee blend or preparation
descriptions as requested.
• Receives and processes customer payments.
• Serves prepared foods, such as muffins, bagels and etc.
• Stocks customer service stations with paper products or beverage preparation items.
• The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
• Experience: Minimum of 2 years experience as a barista required (has worked with
specialty coffee and pour over coffee drinks)
Skills and Responsibilities
Food handlers certificate is required
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Experience in food preparation and customer service
• Preparing foods, such as sandwiches or baked goods, grinding/blending coffee
beans, brewing coffee/tea and serving items to costumers
• Exceptional listening and communication skills
• Ability to walk, bend and stand for extended periods of time
• Availability to work around peak hours, including nights, early mornings, weekends
• A polite and engaging personality
• Commitment to customer satisfaction and service excellence
• Willingness to work as part of a high-energy, efficient team in a fast-paced
• Wrap, label, or date items for sale
• Demonstrate the use of retail equipment, such as espresso machines
• Cleaning and restocking work and dining areas, emptying trash, and sanitizing
equipment and utensils
• Taking inventory and replenishing items in display cases, at tables, or behind the
• Learning about brewing methods, beverage blends, food preparation and
presentation techniques to improve food quality
• Adhering to all food safety regulations and quality controls
• Service orientation and coordination
Sunrise Coffee is your local coffeehouse located in the middle of downtown Los Angeles. Our founder wanted to create a coffeehouse that would support the local community by working with business owners to provide only the best foods and fresh products for our customers. We offer a welcoming space for all members of the community to come enjoy our specialty coffee. We serve only the best, partnering with Intelligentsia Coffee to deliver a memorable experience to your tastebuds. We hope you’ll join us for your next cup of coffee.