New Horizons is an organization committed to providing a culture of caring for our clients, families and friends, staff and volunteers, enabling them to feel valued, respected and held in the highest regard. We are seeking a Special Events Café Assistant to join our team.
Schedule - Must be flexible ( Monday - Sunday ) willing to work any time between 5:00am to 2:00am (with some overtime) - This position is located in the San Fernando Valley, city of North Hills
SUMMARY: The Special Events Assistant performs tasks associated with a variety of special events at Sam’s Café and occasionally off campus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
· Hosts special events such as hall rentals and catered events by acting as a liaison between Sam’s Café and the special event customer.Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, answering any customer questions, moving tables/chairs/food set-up as requested, and resolving any concerns or problems to the customer’s satisfaction when possible.)
· Explains and enforces the rules and regulations as needed.
· Interacts with security guards and other special event resource providers so that the customer is pleased with the services provided to the fullest extent possible.
· After the customer and guests leave the property, securely locks and sets the intruder alarm for Sam’s Café as well as locking the entrance gate(s) as needed. This responsibility most likely would be accomplished following a night event
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Makes certain Sam’s Café Banquet Hall is clean, presentable and fully stocked with necessary products (bathroom disposables, etc.)
· Follows safety policy and procedures, including having a full working knowledge of Sam’s Café Banquet Hall fire alarm system
· Believes in and supports the agency’s mission and values. Work Effectively with co- workers, Sam’s Café guests and others by sharing ideas ina constructive and positive manner; listens to and objectively considers ideas and suggestions from others; keeps commitments; keeps others informed of work progress, timetables and issues; addresses problems and issues constructively to find acceptable and practical solutions especially those that satisfy the customer; addresses others by name, title or other respectful identifiers; andrespects the diversity of the New Horizons workforce in actions, words and deeds.
· Attends meetings as directed by the Sam’s Café Manager.
· Performs other duties as assigned
This position has no staff supervisory responsibilities, however, will give directions to security guards and as instructed to do so with other special event assistants.
High School Diploma or equivalent
Must have valid California Driver License and driving record acceptable to our insurance carrier
Legally driving for at least 3 years in the United States
Must successfully pass all pre-employment requirements, including background check, drug screening and physical.
The individual must be able to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication and division at a high school level.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally is required to stand, sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift, move and/or carry up to 30 pounds.
Come join the New Horizons family. And, TOGETHER WE MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!!
Please note: Due to the large number of applications we receive, we will only contact applicants who are selected for an interview.
Together we’re building an inclusive world that celebrates strengths, respects abilities, and embraces diversity.