We are seeking one or two science mentors with passion for the educational process. Our tutors are knowledgeable resources for their students, proactively engaging their students and assembling appropriate curricula to address student goals. A successful science mentor will showcase adequate knowledge of their area(s) of instruction, demonstrate an invested passion in the education process, and fluidly move clients through the educational process. Mentors will need to be punctual, possess the desire to motivate students, have a positive and professional demeanor, and be able to communicate clearly with clients, staff, and students.
Science Mentor Responsibilities:
· Help students grow comfortable and experience an excellent learning process
· Aid students in identifying academic strengths and weaknesses
· Setting appropriate schedules to frame academic progression
· Recording and analyzing student progress and achieved goals
· Connecting students and clients to other resources, such as Test Prep mentors, other Academic Mentors, and college counsellors
· Traveling to students’ homes for meetings
Science Mentor Requirements:
· Must hold at least a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
· Aptitude for subject matter of work (chemistry, physics, biology, etc.)
· Experience in a middle school, high school, or college educational environment
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to build rapport with clients and students
· Strong problem solving skills
· Familiarity with the courses of middle school, high school, and college studies as needed
· Professionalism to move client through educational experience
...and the ability to make the learning process fun!
Based in Burlingame, California, New Coda was founded in 2012. Working with middle school, high school, and college students in Burlingame, Hillsborough, Millbrae, San Francisco, Palo Alto, Menlo Park, Atherton, Los Gatos, San Jose, Saratoga, Mountain View, Los Altos and neighboring cities, New Coda tutors understand today’s educational landscape—from competition at public and private high schools to testing to the college acceptance process. Offering test prep and academic prep in all subject areas, New Coda tutors use individually tailored approaches to complement each student’s unique goals.
This is a great opportunity to earn an excellent wage helping students master their SAT and ACT struggles! Fun and flexible, tutoring with us offers a great balance of life/work!
1-10 team members
Culture & Perks