Position Title: Youth Program Manager
Salary Position: Salary based on experience, transportation assistance for those outside of San Francisco and competitive benefits package
Under direct supervision of the Director of Operations, the purpose of this job is to perform duties related to the operation of the BTWCSC youth programs. This includes facilitating, development, organization, marketing, implementing, directing, and evaluating the programs and other tasks necessary to operate youth the programs of the BTWCSC effective and efficiently. Accountable for creating a nurturing, empowering and inspiring environment for all youth. Responsible facilitating comprehensive age-appropriate activities that allow for social, cognitive and physical growth to benefit all youth. Identify appropriate youth development activities: including recreation, education & arts.
- Writes, edits, and coordinates development of educational materials, training manuals, and/or brochures, as appropriate to the program.
- Identify and plan appropriate enriching, educational and recreational activities.
- Oversee the day to day activities, responsible for providing training and ongoing support for mentors, initiating and maintaining coordination of program activities with administrators from targeted schools, and planning and conducting program activities and events.
- Secure and utilize speakers, instructors and appropriate community resources to provide creative programs for youth in such areas as STEM and Steam, Arts, Physical Activities, etc.
- Publicize youth programs and activities and recruit prospective participants.
- Oversee the preparation of facilities and procurement of materials and supplies needed to carry out program activities.
- Monitors program/project revenues and expenses for cost effectiveness of programming.
- Serves as a principal liaison between students, faculty, staff, other departments, and/or external constituencies; facilitates seminars, meetings, special projects, and problem resolution.
- Help recruit, train and supervise youth program staff. Ensures that personnel policies of BTWCSC are adhered to in all hiring and employment practices.
- Conducts regular youth staff performance reviews with the Director of Operations.
- Provide for staff training activities that enhance skills and motivate performance.
- Recruit and supervise parents, high school/college students, and other adults who provide volunteer assistance to youth programs.
- Manage transportation for participants
- Assist Chief Executive Officer in grant writing and other fundraising efforts to support youth programs.
- Provide an organizational culture that facilitates positive employee relations
- Continually build relationships with collaborative partners that provide youth related activities.
- Acknowledge and achieve program-related goals for contracts relating to youth programming.
- Assist in the maintenance of appropriate statistical program information; prepare and submit required statistical reports and claims to appropriate funder(s) in a timely manner.
- Serve as BTWCSC lead staff through participation in community youth initiatives in which BTWCSC is considered a provider or stakeholder.
- Provide direct leadership to programs as agreed upon with Director of Operations.
- Other duties as may be assigned by the Chief Executive Officer.