Hi De Ho Comics Job Posting
Effective October 11, 2019
Magic the Gathering Retail Associate
Job Description: Hi De Ho Comics is seeking a Magic the Gathering Retail Associate candidate for immediate part-time employment. Successful candidate's primary responsibilities will include the support and growth of Hi De Ho Comics Magic: The Gathering department. Candidate will perform general retail and customer service duties for both the comic book and MTG departments with a heavy emphasis on MTG. Candidate will support MTG staff in running MTG tournaments and other events.
• Must be an active player of MTG
• Knowledge of current market value of single MTG cards
• Knowledge of and ability to build MTG decks
• Experience playing multiple formats of MTG
• Must be available Friday evenings for Friday Night Magic
• Must be willing to learn basic working knowledge of the comic book department
• Must be willing to become a Pokemon Professor
• Ability to demonstrate outstanding Customer Service
• Ability to work with a diverse customer base
• Experience working in a retail setting
• Knowledge of using multiple social media platforms for marketing purposes
• Ability to manage and organize inventory on an ongoing basis
• Knowledge of basic computer skills and Microsoft Office
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter Kristen Parraz. Cover letter MUST include what type of MTG content you are currently consuming and how you are connected to the wider MTG community. Please indicate MTG Retail Associate in the subject line of your email.
Hi De Ho Comics is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Hi De Ho Comics is Southern California’s oldest and largest comic book shop, established in 1977. We have a gigantic selection of new and vintage comics, trade paperback and hardcover, Magic the Gathering items and toys of all kind.