Designer - Partnerships (Contract)
at Sofar Sounds (View all jobs)
New York or Los Angeles
Who we are: Sofar Sounds reimagines live events through curated, secret performances in intimate settings in more than 420+ cities around the world! We are growing swiftly, helping more artists in more cities. As we expand, we are looking for ambitious and innovative individuals (like you!) to join our team. Haven’t been to one of our shows yet? No worries! Find one in your city here. Want to see more? Catch mind-blowing live performances on our YouTube channel.
About the role: We are looking for a Designer to support the development and creation of all visual assets for Sofar Partnerships. In this role, you’ll conceptualize and design holistic brand experiences from the ground up for a diverse range of clients. This is a critical part of our design team, responsible for pushing the visual experience forward across all touch points and through every stage of the process. You will work with the sales and operations teams to understand objectives and translate them into work that delivers on sales assets across images, fonts, motion and more. You will also develop campaign assets.Sofar has also been recognized as one of the most innovative companies in the world for our work with consumer brands (Fast Company 2019 innovation List).
We’ve worked with partners ranging from Spotify to AB InBev, 20th Century Fox, Hyatt Centric, and Xfinity to produce creative, scalable and multi channel integrated marketing campaigns all over the world. Through Sofar Partnerships, brands are able to connect to a highly valuable audience in a high touch authentic capacity across events, content and media.
Who you are:
- Passionate about creative excellence and visual flare with exceptional aesthetic vision, driven to produce the best work you can make.
- Curious, solution-oriented, driven and enjoy the challenge of pushing work forward and finding new and innovative design solutions.
- Work autonomously but also collaborate across disciplines to design fresh brand experiences.
- Can jump across multiple projects and hit deadlines.
- Exceptional written, verbal, and visual communication skills.
- Possess a creative point of view, and can channel it through client goals.
- You love a challenge, you thrive under pressure.
- Know how to listen and take feedback.
- You understand that on projects things change fast. You can roll with the punches.
- 7+ years relevant experience in design.
- Skilled at visual storytelling and have a knack for cultivating vibe and tone.
- A strong portfolio displaying creative, conceptual design skills and project-based achievements.
- Experience working with a mixture of photography and illustration.
- Have produced visuals tailored for online distribution and high engagement.
- Have produced visuals for brands.
- Experience producing visuals working with music artists.
- Experience working with project managers to organize and prioritize daily schedule.
- Design software skills essential.
- Knowledge of GSuite, Asana, Slack, and/or Bynder are a plus.
Working here: Our team is made up of music lovers across the globe who are committed to our mission of artist exposure and making live music more attainable for all!
At Sofar, we embrace diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are inclusive. The more we live that, the better our work will be.