at Sofar Sounds (View all jobs)
New York or Los Angeles
Who we are: Sofar Sounds reimagines live events through curated, secret performances in intimate settings in more than 420+ cities around the world! We are growing swiftly, helping more artists in more cities. As we expand, we are looking for ambitious and innovative individuals (like you!) to join our team. Haven’t been to one of our shows yet? No worries! Find one in your city here. Want to see more? Catch mind-blowing live performances on our YouTube channel.
About the role: We are looking for a Partnerships Manager to join the Commercial Partnerships team, leading sales in a set of assigned verticals . You’ll get the opportunity to work with one of the most innovative companies in the world (see: Fast Company 2019 innovation list), working on creative marketing programs with some of the best consumer brands worldwide.Having produced over 25,000 shows to date and worked with leading brands from ranging from Spotify, to 20th Century Fox, AB InBev, Hyatt Centric, Comcast and more. Learn more here.
What you'll do:
- Direct prospecting to brands and agencies in assigned verticals - present the Sofar Partnerships platform, our capabilities and our creative programs.
- Direct pitching and presenting of the Sofar brand and platform to agencies and brands alike.
- Drum up opportunities for Sofar through smart networking, strong presenting and well-organized follow-up.
- Responding to RFPs from brands and agencies.
- Creative concept development both proactively and reactively.
- Sales materials development.
- Pipeline management and reporting.
- Contract negotiation.
- Client relationship management.
Who you are:
- You’re not afraid to run at ambitious commercial goals.
- Comfortable with face to face meetings at a high-level of activity.
- You have a network of connections across vertical and product relevant agencies and brands.
- You’re curious, independent and a problem solver who can jump across multiple projects and hit deadlines.
- Have exceptional written, verbal, and visual communication skills.
- Possess a creative point of view, and can channel it through client goals.
- Passionate about creative excellence.
- Love a challenge and thrive under pressure.
- Know how to listen and take feedback.
- Organized and can manage your pipeline effectively and clear.
- You understand that on projects things change fast and can roll with the punches.
- Not afraid to ask for help.
- This role will likely involve travel. You’re cool with that.
- Skilled at storytelling and can communicate a compelling creative narrative through copy and visuals.
- 5-7 years of direct selling to brands in relevant verticals.
- History of delivering on individual annual sales quotas of $2MM+
- History of delivering on individual meeting goals.
- Strong presentation skills and passion for the Sofar brand.
- Experience working with media, pr, experiential and creative agencies.
- Experience drafting pitch proposals.
- Knowledge of Asana, GSuite, Keynote, Slack, and Bynder are a plus.
Working here: Sofar Sounds offers a comprehensive benefits package as well as opportunities for career growth and development, not to mention, unlimited live music! Our team is made up of music lovers across the globe who are committed to our mission of artist exposure and making live music more attainable for all!
At Sofar, we embrace diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are inclusive. The more we live that, the better our work will be.