SUMMARY: Class Assistants help Lead Instructors set up and run cooking programs
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Assist Lead Instructor in instructing larger programs, as needed, both in executing the class procedure made by the Lead Instructor or Culinary Manager, and in maintaining a positive peaceful environment
● Provide back-of-house support during classes and other programs (last minute prep, cooking and plating food) in accordance with the recipe(s) and procedure for program made by Lead Instructor or Culinary Manager
● Assist with food preparation and/or craft/activity preparation for classes, private events, and birthday parties
● Assist Lead Instructor on field trips during camps and with sign in/out procedures for larger camps and programs
● Set up classroom space for programs, and clean and reset between programs
● Wash and put away dishes, dispose of waste properly, assist with end of day closing procedures, and periodic deep cleaning tasks
● Assist with administrative and gardening tasks as needed
● Run hands-on cooking projects and represent Kids' Table at street festivals and other public events
● Honor The Kids’ Table mission and values in all tasks and interactions
● Bring the positive energy and collaborative spirit to work every day
● High school diploma, or current enrollment in high school
● Strong comfort level interacting with children is required.
Other skills required:
o Ability to work in a team environment and take direction
o Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure
o Ability to stand and exert fast-paced mobility for entire shift
o Ability to communicate with customers (adults and children) as appropriate
o Pride in doing good work and a positive attitude
The Kids’ Table is the premier Chicago cooking school for kids and families. We teach folks of all ages (starting at just 18 months!) that cooking is fun, and “real food” is really good! We run classes, parties, camps, and school programs at our two locations (in Chicago’s Wicker Park and Lakeview neighborhoods), as well as at offsite locations around Chicagoland. If you are a kind human who is passionate about food, kids, and having a meaningful impact on the world and the people around you, we hope you’ll consider joining our team!
Do you love food, kids, and the idea of changing the world one meal at a time? We are a unique Chicago cooking school for kids and families, and we're looking to hire people who are passionate about changing the way people eat.
Culture & Perks