We are looking for new team members for our Sacramento and Davis locations! If you are passionate about coffee and want to help raise the bar for the growing specialty coffee industry, Temple will provide you with all of the tools and skills you will need to succeed. Prior barista experience, while appreciated, is not required. We want hard-working, driven people willing to rise to the challenge and make world-class coffee for the most discerning customers in the area.
- Annual raises with the potential for advancement
- Health, dental and vision after 3 months of full-time employment and 401(k) (employer matches 5%) after 1 year!
- Quarterly excursions plus semi-annual company parties and outings
- BGA-level training and education for skills needed to turn coffee into a rewarding and fulfilling career
- Free cuppings of our coffee and tea offerings
- State-of-the-art espresso and brewing equipment
- Opportunities for both full-time and part-time shifts
- Must have at least three days of open availability
- Availability on weekends (any time) is required
- Must be able to commute to Sacramento for 1-2 weeks of comprehensive training
- Passion for all things coffee
- Exceptionally punctual, tidy, and clean in appearance
- Able to thrive as part of a small team in a fast-paced environment
Please provide a cover letter identifying why you want to pursue a career in coffee and why you want to do so at Temple. Please make sure to include your availability as well.
Temple Coffee Roasters
239 G Street, Davis, CA 95616
2829 S Street, Sacramento, CA 95816
1010 9th Street, Sacramento, CA 95814
2600 Fair Oaks Boulevard, Sacramento, CA 95864
2200 K Street, Sacramento, CA 95816
1615 16th Street, Sacramento, CA 95814
Some of our accolades include:
• "Top 30 Coffees of 2013" -- Temple Coffee 1st place, 96pt Ethiopia Yirgacheffe ECX
• 97 points, Panama La Esmeralda Geisha Bosque Natural, December 2015
• Top 1 of 17 Coffee Roaster in the U.S. by CNN and Fortune Magazine
• 95 points, Panama Finca Hartmann, July 2015
• 96 points, Panama Don Pepe Estate Fully Washed Geisha, August 2015
• 96 points, Panama Don Pepe Estate SOE, September 2015
• 1st Place, Golden Bean NA for Decaffeinated Colombia Narino, September 2015
• 95 points, Kenya Makwa AB, February 2014
• 94 points, El Salvador Santa Elena Honey Pacamara, February 2014
• 95 points, Ethiopia Yirgacheffe ECX Auction Lot, February 2014
• 96 points, Panama Los Lajones Bambu Geisha, December 2013
• Voted Best Coffee House and Best Customer Service since 2005 by SN&R
• Guatemala Hunapu coffee scored 97 (highest ever) on Coffee Review, October 2010
• Featured articles in Sunset Magazine, Imbibe Magazine, Sacramento News and Review
TEMPLE BEGAN WITH A VISION.
After returning home from a lengthy stay in Indonesia, Temple founder and barista Sean Kohmescher opened the first Temple Coffee house in 2005 with a dream of creating a community gathering place much like the temples he visited during his travels. His vision was simple: good vibes, great service, and exceptionally well-prepared coffee. Ten years, five coffee houses, and a roasterie later, it is still this vision that Temple perpetually strives to fulfill.