Hanna Boys Center is a private nonprofit which provides a therapeutic, residential school program to underserved adolescent boys. The Archbishop Hanna Teacher is responsible for planning instruction and/or making adaptations to the general curriculum to enable students to benefit from their education. The teacher is expected to communicate with parents and cottage staff in regard to student accommodations and modifications and be must be able to report to and participate on multidisciplinary evaluation teams.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
· Respect the Center’s faith, education and caring Catholic values.
· Will serve as part of the high school teaching staff
· Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
· Demonstrate preparation and skill in working with at risk-youth
· Encourage and monitor the progress of individual students and use information to adjust teaching strategies.
· School day duty hours are between 8:00 – 3:30. Until 4:30 one day weekly
· B.A. or greater in content area. Experience preferred, but not required. Successful student teaching experience required. State teaching certificate, or ability to be certified by the start of the 2019-20 school year.
· Experience working with at risk-youth.
· Training or endorsements in Reading and Math highly desirable.
· Ability to work supportively with other staff to achieve common goals.
· Ability and knowledge to create and teach a sequential reading program.
REQUIREMENTS: Must pass a criminal background check and physical, including a drug and TB test. Must have a valid driver’s license and ability to be covered under our insurance. Ability to be certified in CPR/First Aid, community water safety and crisis intervention. Prefer Bachelor’s Degree in related field or experience working with children, however others who are interested may apply. Please submit resume and cover letter to:
Culture & Perks